Richy's Endeavours: Mission to Laythe - And beyond!

Richy

Ok, an update of TAC solved the problem with the "EmptyEVASuit". And the updated KIS/KAS seems to make those pipe connections a little bit more stable. So exploration of Laythe can commence:

Part 11: Exploring Laythe

With the wide variety of assets we got on ground, we really can now explore the world we're landed on.

https://imgur.com/gallery/B0Y9d

Q873hLs.png

Edited by Richy

While the Kerbals on Laythe were busy exploring this so far untouched world, they discovered an anomal structure near the beach of one of the islands. It seems to be an improvised shelter, defently made by kerbal hands. Further investigation also revealed an old roving vehicle of kerbin origin half burried in sand. The conclusion was clear: There was a Laythe mission years before the Hermes first arrived at the Jool moon. But the mission ended in a disaster and was therefore covered up. Now with the new media attention, retired Cmdr Adly Kerman breaks his silence and diggs up old media reports to uncover the truth once and for all.

Part 12: Ghosts of the Past

https://imgur.com/a/dqusZ

HzNPcUT.jpg

Edited by Richy

Mr. Richy, I want you to know I had a very enjoyable evening yesterday.  I played KSP on one computer, and browsed all your mission reports on imgur and youtube on the other computer.

They were immensely entertaining and inspiring (I REALLY need to get to Layther!).  Thanks much for sharing!

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, boccelounge said:

I almost feel foolish asking this...  but TIDES?  On Laythe?  What was that?

I'm just making this up. A moon in this configuration would certainly have tides, but they aren't simulated in KSP.

Part 18: Homesick

We can hardly believe it, but after staying so long on Laythe, calling it home, we finally moved up to leaving. But we won't start directly heading home. There are still some dangerous task to do on the way.

https://imgur.com/gallery/Aqfb7

UrBd0W5.png

Edited by Richy
yay, grammar

18 hours ago, Sorabh said:

How did you map out the excursions though?

Finding a map of Laythe and then practically using paint to draw it ontop. (I actually used GIMP, having multiple layers gives you a better overview).

15 hours ago, Geschosskopf said:

Very cool to build your own probe on Laythe and fling it at Jool :) 

Sad to see this ending but it's been a great ride!  May you have a safe voyage home.

There could have been so much more. I was even thinking of crafting a refinery on site, some propulsion section, lander and sending it to other Jool moons in hope of getting a viable refueling option for the Hermes. Of course, after sending first DIY reco sats there. But it's not only the crew on Laythe, who's getting tired. ;-)

• 4 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.