VITAS

SpaceDock.info (Mod Hosting Site)

4 hours ago, TheKurgan said:

Stone Blue reported it... Li0n confirmed.

Why continue to beat this up?

I'm sure Vitas will fix it as soon as he can.

yeah... i have it on good authority that Vitas has been contacted immediately after it happened, thru other means, as well as me tagging him in my post...
I'm sure it will get fixed as soon as possible... give the site people some time... it IS the middle of most peoples weekend and time off to relax with family and things other than KSP...

I just hit the "Create Exception" button on the warning page I got, and the site works fine for me for manual downloads... you CKAN people, may have to wait tho...
but i guess thats the price of easy convenience: sometimes you just got to deal with temporary outages... vOv

Dear customers: Many sorrys. :)

Took me a while to notice too.

45 minutes ago, VITAS said:

Dear customers: Many sorrys. :)

Took me a while to notice too.

I've seen state run websites take longer to recover from the old expired cert issue. People will get over it. :)

What are the preview image resolution and ratio recommended for 100% fit in the mod's page and mod's card at main page? (no tiling, no cutting)

UPD. 

ok, figured out - that is inconvenient and maybe impossible.

feature request: spit them in the settings: top wide mod's page picture and small mod's card picture at main page

Edited by flart

2 hours ago, flart said:

What are the preview image resolution and ratio recommended for 100% fit in the mod's page and mod's card at main page? (no tiling, no cutting

dont know if it might help, but i had the same question... it depends on yours, and the user viewing the image, screen res... so no real hard definition... tho i came up with a ratio that seemed to work for me over a couple different screen resolutions: (few posts after mine are relevant)

https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/159581-spacedockinfo-mod-hosting-site/&do=findComment&comment=3141460

Edited by Stone Blue

On 06.08.2017 at 5:08 PM, Stone Blue said:

I got a 1500x400 image to "fit"...

400px is the visible height (image can be larger), 1920px is the width for no-tiling at FullHD monitor. Have at mind what left-side 600px doesn't show up for 1366px-monitor so it should be not important staff. 

All above is ok, and 1920x400 looks like recommended variant. 

Problem is when you trying to get pretty small mod's card picture too. It doesn't use cutted 400px-height variant, but the full image, what you loaded and get some middle part of it to fit mod-card ratio so even if you guess positioning, text still become not-readable (too small).

It is better to set them separately.

@VITAS Is there any possibility to do that?

Or to make movable yellow rectangle, corresponding picture-card. Movable yellow rectangle shows up while you setting up preview picture.