How to get to KSP folder on Linux KSP install?

I run archlinux so this might be a little different, 

Spoiler

sudo mv ~/Downloads/ModFolder /.steam/steamapps/common/Kerbal\ Space\ Program/gamedata/

I'm not in front of my computer right now so that may be wrong. Or of course you could also go the UI way. Not sure how to do that though. If the command above give you "error no such file or directory" then you need to change the path specific to your computer. Like if your ".steam" folder is inside "~/.steam" instead. (Btw the "." Means the folder is hidden. That's probably why you can't find it in the UI. There should be an option to enable it somewhere)

Ps. First time posting. Sorry if the spoiler wasn't the appropriate thing to use. There was no <code> button so that was the alternative. 

59 minutes ago, Zoruda said:

I think it's just habit.

'tis not a particularly good one. With great (root) power comes great potential for hosing your system, use it only when you need to.
Using sudo for everything is a habit akin to running as Admin all the time in Windows. Yes, it makes permissions issues go away, but it's also dangerous.
Sudo make me a sandwich has much to account for...

• 3 weeks later...

The install folder is different depending on how you installed KSP. For instance, for me it's ~/GOG Games/Kerbal Space Program/game, since I bought the game through GOG. The best way to find the directory that KSP is installed to would be to take a look at the properties for the menu item you're using to launch it. I use Cinnamon as my desktop environment and can view a menu item's properties by right-clicking the Menu button, selecting Configure, going to the "Menu" tab in the window that appears, clicking "Open the menu editor" and then finding the item there. If you're using a different desktop environment (Unity, most likely) then it'll be a different procedure for you but the principle is the same.

On 22/04/2017 at 5:46 AM, JojoGames114 said:

So, there's some mods I wanna get, but I'm on linux ubuntu, and I have NO idea how to get to my steam or KSP folder on Ubuntu to drop mods into my GameData folder. Any advice from fellow KSP Linux users?

From your FILES GUI go to 'view' and tick 'Show Hidden Files' or ctrl-h

You should now be able to see '.steam' Folder. (it has a dot as first character to show it's natural state is hidden.

Inside select 'steam' Folder (no dot as first character.)

Inside that folder is, among others, 'steamapps'

Inside that folder is 'common'

Inside that folder is 'Kerbal Space Program'

So the path is home/username/.steam/steam/steamapps/common/Kerbal Space Program

Edited by Daveroski

I'm wondering why nobody mentioned this:

Right-Click on game in Library -> Properties -> Local Files tab -> Browse Local Files

gets you to the game folder.

EDIT: silly me, it's on the wiki

Edited by Pand5461

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.