Anyone for reviving the Buran as a mod?

19 hours ago, ZooNamedGames said:

I'd like if there was a dedicated Buran mod like with the shuttle but if there's no love then there's nothing I can do :/ . 

Seriously? Make it for me or I'll be sad?  Good god man. :confused:
If you don't want all the parts in the pack, don't install all the parts in the pack. Hell, rip it off and make a sub-mod, if you must have just a Buran, it's CC after all.

32 minutes ago, ZooNamedGames said:

I'd like if there was a dedicated Buran mod like with the shuttle but if there's no love then there's nothing I can do :/ . 

Delete all the non-buran parts?

It will take only a few minutes.

31 minutes ago, ZooNamedGames said:

Well it really can't be helped if you don't even have love for the buran shuttle yourself but if you are willing to go the extra mile to piece the last needed bits together then you can find everything you need to put together a convincing energia here

19 hours ago, steve_v said:

You read my mind...

Seriously? Make it for me or I'll be sad?  Good god man. :confused:
If you don't want all the parts in the pack, don't install all the parts in the pack. Hell, rip it off and make a sub-mod, if you must have just a Buran, it's CC after all.

I love how I say one thing and you guys can run on a tangent.

Maybe if you stopped to ask why I didn't accept it instead of casting your own issues onto a person, you'd understand why. 

I'm after a low part count preferably high quality replica, alongside the Space Shuttle System's mod for a KSP cinematic, 

But obviously I'm a lazy, horrible person because I'm not after one mod. I see now.

Thank you, for your uneducated opinions on my life. That'll truly help me improve myself.

7 minutes ago, ZooNamedGames said:

I'm after a low part count preferably high quality replica, alongside the Space Shuttle System's mod for a KSP cinematic

You did not say this ^^^

1 hour ago, ZooNamedGames said:

I'd like if there was a dedicated Buran mod like with the shuttle but if there's no love then there's nothing I can do :/ 

you said this ^^^

honestly bruan's too obscure and the work for a realistic mod is too labor intensive for most modders to care, but if you just want the bruan and the shuttle done in matching art styles for the sake of making a youtube video then you've been given your answer. Cormorant areonology has your orbiters and shuttle parts and AB launchers has your energia parts you're all set. or alternatively you can try to dig up the old KSO mod by helldiver which also has a matching pair of STS and bruan styled shuttles.

it's not right of you to look the gift horse in the mouth unless you want to go out into the desert and wrangle your own stead

1 minute ago, passinglurker said:

You did not say this ^^^

you said this ^^^

honestly bruan's too obscure and the work for a realistic mod is too labor intensive for most modders to care, but if you just want the bruan and the shuttle done in matching art styles for the sake of making a youtube video then you've been given your answer. Cormorant areonology has your orbiters and shuttle parts and AB launchers has your energia parts you're all set. or alternatively you can try to dig up the old KSO mod by helldiver which also has a matching pair of STS and bruan styled shuttles.

it's not right of you to look the gift horse in the mouth unless you want to go out into the desert and wrangle your own stead

Ofc I didn't mention why I wanted it; it's my business. I was more interested in it becoming a thing for the community but obviously I'm wrong for thinking about that. 

For obscure it was a fully developed mod for a long time however it's lost development since then. 

Also I'm sorry for considering my options for my own video. 

2 minutes ago, ZooNamedGames said:

Ofc I didn't mention why I wanted it; it's my business.

If it's your private business then don't bring it into public, and don't get upset when your secrecy creates misunderstandings. We aren't mind readers if you want help then you need to be clear with what you want.

6 minutes ago, ZooNamedGames said:

For obscure it was a fully developed mod for a long time however it's lost development since then.

between the loss of spaceport and kerbalstuff that is a genuine possibility good thing we still have KSO and cormorant aeronology to fill the gap.

8 minutes ago, ZooNamedGames said:

Also I'm sorry for considering my options for my own video.

If that's what you were doing then you could have worded it better than just making up excuses like a spring break newbie trying to subtly hint that they want someone to compile a mod for them.

2 minutes ago, passinglurker said:

If it's your private business then don't bring it into public, and don't get upset when your secrecy creates misunderstandings. We aren't mind readers if you want help then you need to be clear with what you want.

between the loss of spaceport and kerbalstuff that is a genuine possibility good thing we still have KSO and cormorant aeronology to fill the gap.

If that's what you were doing then you could have worded it better than just making up excuses like a spring break newbie trying to subtly hint that they want someone to compile a mod for them.

It was private until you started to judge my personal reasoning for the idea. Seeing as clearly the public idea wasn't acceptable. 

We've had discussions like this before, very heated and angry discussions. So you know that answer.

56 minutes ago, ZooNamedGames said:

It was private until you started to judge my personal reasoning for the idea. Seeing as clearly the public idea wasn't acceptable. 

We've had discussions like this before, very heated and angry discussions. So you know that answer.

Aside from all this, will Cormorant Aeronology and AB Launchers suit your needs? Cormorant Aeronology has the Buran parts you're asking for, and AB Launchers has the Energia parts you're looking for. Matter settled?

Edited by curtquarquesso

7 minutes ago, curtquarquesso said:

Aside from all this, will Cormorant Aeronology and AB Launchers suit your needs? Cormorant Aeronology has the Buran parts you're asking for, and AB Launchers has the Energia parts you're looking for. Matter settled?

I'll see what I can do.

• 4 years later...

For @ZooNamedGames I would ask for a little more respect with some of your questions and doubts; And if you are looking for a Buran mod that fits for Space Shuttle System's, @papasid just updated the Buran mod, and it will fit both Stock, RO and RSS. If you don't like Cormorant Aeronology for The Buran Orbiter, and Energia with AB-Launchers or Tantares.

Edited by luisitoISS

On 5/20/2021 at 10:53 AM, luisitoISS said:

For @ZooNamedGames I would ask for a little more respect with some of your questions and doubts; And if you are looking for a Buran mod that fits for Space Shuttle System's, @papasid just updated the Buran mod, and it will fit both Stock, RO and RSS. If you don't like Cormorant Aeronology for The Buran Orbiter, and Energia with AB-Launchers or Tantares.

Thanks for the answer.

I wasn’t in a good place emotionally in 2017 (nearly 5 years ago now, wow), so take my hostility back then with a grain of salt.

On 5/20/2021 at 10:53 AM, luisitoISS said:

I would ask for a little more respect with some of your questions and doubts;

I would ask why you felt the need to necro a 4 year old thread and answer a question that is probably so old at this point everyone has moved on?

11 hours ago, goldenpsp said:

I would ask why you felt the need to necro a 4 year old thread and answer a question that is probably so old at this point everyone has moved on?

A calculation error, (look at the dates), I wrote the note at dawn, and I did not notice that detail.

19 hours ago, ZooNamedGames said:

Thanks for the answer.

I'm glad I managed to help you, (even though it's been 4 years).

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/20/2021 at 8:23 PM, luisitoISS said:

Thanks for mentioning my thread. Although the mod has been released with RO configs. it flies as best as a three wheeler tuk tuk would. if anyone is up for the challenge, pls fix the aerodynamic issues. Ciao!

On 4/22/2017 at 6:37 PM, Red Iron Crown said:

Please lay off the personal sniping, people.

i didnt look at the dates either, so when i saw all the arguing and red iron crown comment i thought "Oh hes back! wait that was back in 2017 rip"

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.