9jaIh4Q.jpg

2dLkD39.png

QKThG2s.jpg

poster by @DiscoSlelge

Latest Release v0.1.7

Download Links

3a95059f37f9bc83692660c5eb10bde7.jpglogo4.pngCurseLinkUWsfj2r.png

Introduction

The Cargo Freighter was born out of a desire to move LARGE amounts of cargo around in sandbox and late game career saves. With a max part count of only 20 parts the days of building CPU breaking 300 parts ships are gone. While the Cargo Freighter performs its main role amicably it can also be set up to provide a variety of different configurations, including Arkships, passenger liners, debris removal and recycling, mobile construction centers and many more Examples and craft files available below.

Features

• Asymmetrical Design.
  • Rear Truss & Main Hull Have Automatic Weight Balancing Feature.
  • 5m Kontainer Docking Ports Integrated Into Rear Truss.
  • Deliver Kontainers at your destination and bring back empties.
  • Range Of Interchangeable Modules In Two Sizes.
  • Internal EVA Prep Space With Small Kontainer/Storage Rack.
  • None Career Game Breaking (parts are at the end of the tech tree and extremely expensive)
  • Fueled By The Insanely Expensive Karbundrum/Karbonite, You Will Need Mining Operations In Place.
  • Custom Engine FX
  • Has To Be Built In Situ (If you manage to reach orbit with this please let me know :D)
  • Custom CSI Freighter category for all freighter parts.
  • Hanger Bay & Cargo Bays Support @allista's hanger mod allowing you to store crafts and re-spawn later.

GZ8xohG.jpg

Dependencies

Mod Support

29iKNvr.png

awxVeZo.png

UB7rijW.png

YMYD6k4.png

M7Nxhcm.png

swPogRF.png

Road Map For Further Mod Support

• Snacks Continued
  • TAC Life Support

Assembly Instructions

Spoiler

Hanger Bay

PWO7skB.gif

EVA Prep Space

jGLKJVe.gif

Rear Truss

BPHo946.gif

Engine

AS23xFw.gif

Modules

tv5uYsK.gif

EVA Prep Space Kontainer Rack

Z8VmYq6.gif

Hanger Instructions

nNTScyN.png

Licences

• All models and configs included within the Coyote Space Industries folders are All Rights Reserved.  License GPLv2 License: GPLv2
  • This mod redistributes Firespitter, which is covered under its own license.
  • This mod redistributes ModuleManager, which is covered under its own license.
  • This mod redistributes CRP, which is covered under its own license.
  • This mod redistributes CKK, which is covered under its own license.
  • This mod redistributes USI-Core, which is covered under its own license.

NOTICE:  This mod includes version checking using MiniAVC. If you opt-in, it will use the internet to check whether there is a new version available. Data is only read from the internet and no personal information is sent. For a more comprehensive version checking experience, please download the KSP-AVC Plugin.

Donation Info

I spent around 500 hours creating this Mod. If you like what you see, and want to help out (or just buy me a coffee!), please consider donating to the cause, either via PayPal or Patreon.

PayPal Dboi88Patreon Dboi88

Edited by dboi88

Gratz for going official @dboi88.

This is like said on other place a realy big bad girl to work with... she is like Adelle... realy big girl but you like to have her around :D

Go further chummer but don't forget to take us with you:wink:

Funny Kabooms 

Urses 

A quick note: I noticed while watching the review that some of the utility modules didn't line up with their space correctly, leaving a bit of space at the top.  (Besides the ones Kobbatos mis-oriented and attached wrong.)

15 minutes ago, DStaal said:

A quick note: I noticed while watching the review that some of the utility modules didn't line up with their space correctly, leaving a bit of space at the top.  (Besides the ones Kobbatos mis-oriented and attached wrong.)

You're right, i hadn't noticed, they are off slightly. Will get that fixed in the next release. Cheers

ksHKcBm.png

On 22.4.2017 at 11:00 PM, Bran31 said:

Wow! This looks fantastic. I'll try it out soon! Including trying to boost it into space :D .... Challenge accepted!

Go for it:wink:

If you have the money to load this Beauty with enough Karb she will go up like a feather... but without... GC or EL are the only way to bring her up. She is GIANT!!!

And i don't know if there is a KIS Container that is big enough to build her parts with OSE. Maybe next projekt for dboi88, a orbital dock?:D

Funny Kabooms 

Urses

So the issue people are having with the small modules, I've noticed is just cause it's setting up upside down. I've had an issue with the reactor not wanting to generate power. And will a docking port be in the works for this vessel?

5 hours ago, Jivaii said:

So the issue people are having with the small modules, I've noticed is just cause it's setting up upside down. I've had an issue with the reactor not wanting to generate power. And will a docking port be in the works for this vessel?

You are correct, I'll take a look at the reactor tonight for you, see what's going on there. Yes i'd completely forgot about docking to be honest. I'm going to add a node to the front of the command bridge for a docking port and will have a think about integrating one somewhere with a mesh/texture adjustment.

9 hours ago, dboi88 said:

You are correct, I'll take a look at the reactor tonight for you, see what's going on there. Yes i'd completely forgot about docking to be honest. I'm going to add a node to the front of the command bridge for a docking port and will have a think about integrating one somewhere with a mesh/texture adjustment.

Currently I'm using a Clamp-o-tron on the side, where it juts out a bit, for crew transfers, and a 3.75m docking port on the top for fueling purposes.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.