[1.3]Coyote Space Industries - Cargo Freighter v0.2.4

dboi88

17 hours ago, dboi88 said:

Ahh , , , CKAN

This is similar to the bugs i found in USI Tools(well it's actually a stock bug but USI Tools is pretty much the only mod that uses that but of the AP and so it broke USI ToolsI), we no longer use USI tools for anything other than the Kontainer Models, i think CKAN might be doing something strange. Can you delete those mods from the gamedata folder and replace with just the files available here https://spacedock.info/mod/1332/Coyote Space Industries - Cargo Freighter if that fixes it, which i'm pretty sure it will, i'll go and have a chat with the CKAN folks and see if we can get CKAN installs working again.

i really hate to say this, because i don't want to complain on a very nice mod, but i have reinstalled ksp 2 times, deleted all the mods and tried it on 2 computers with the newly downloaded zip file with the link above (and extracted the content to the gamefolder, but the problem still appears. I also deleted the USI Tools mod in my third attempt, but nothing changed. 

Is there something i'm doing wrong? 

2 hours ago, Blackent1 said:

i really hate to say this, because i don't want to complain on a very nice mod, but i have reinstalled ksp 2 times, deleted all the mods and tried it on 2 computers with the newly downloaded zip file with the link above (and extracted the content to the gamefolder, but the problem still appears. I also deleted the USI Tools mod in my third attempt, but nothing changed. 

Don't worry, i want to get this working for you too :D 

But, i don't know what else to suggest, I had this version of the mod running fine on both my test build and my main career install. I've just reinstalled a completely fresh version of KSP, installed the latest download from SpaceDock and everything is working as it should be. There have also been over 4000 downloads of v0.2.3 with this being the only bug report.

I'm afraid i don't know what to try next. I can only assume you are doing something wrong but I've no idea what that might be. 

3 hours ago, Blackent1 said:

Success!! Thanks to some testing from @Well the issue has been traced to the Example ships, they weren't updated when the USI Dependencies were stripped. I'll release a fixed version this weekend, until then just don't use the pre built ships and you should be good to go.

6 minutes ago, dboi88 said:

Success!! Thanks to some testing from @Well the issue has been traced to the Example ships, they weren't updated when the USI Dependencies were stripped. I'll release a fixed version this weekend, until then just don't use the pre built ships and you should be good to go.

Thanks @dboi88 and @Well for the quick respons and attending my problem. I'll patiently wait for the update. Again thank you dboi88 

• 2 weeks later...

This looks pretty damn great!

Edit: Just tried my first build and I'm having a problem similar to TronX33 above, except my issue is pitch not yaw. I have weight balancing on for both the body and the truss.

Edited by shuggaloaf

On 7/24/2017 at 8:49 AM, TronX33 said:

Just a question. When I activate the engines with fully loaded kontainers, the ship starts uncontrollably yawing. in the SPH the center of mass and thrust checked out, so I'm really confused.

On 8/5/2017 at 11:49 PM, shuggaloaf said:

This looks pretty damn great!

Edit: Just tried my first build and I'm having a problem similar to TronX33 above, except my issue is pitch not yaw. I have weight balancing on for both the body and the truss.

Cheers, sorry, for the delay in getting back to you.

Don't use the pre built craft files, they are currently broken. There should be no weight transfer button, that function is automatic now. If you build the ship using the instructions in the OP it should all work perfectly.

I have a question, What are people using for radiator's on this ship? I absolutely love this ship, and I'm just getting to the stage in my career where I can use it, but I'm finding that I need to put two large deployable radiators on it to cool the reactor, which ruins the nice lines of the ship. 

47 minutes ago, PhantomC3PO said:

I have a question, What are people using for radiator's on this ship? I absolutely love this ship, and I'm just getting to the stage in my career where I can use it, but I'm finding that I need to put two large deployable radiators on it to cool the reactor, which ruins the nice lines of the ship. 

Try this.

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, SR said:

Its a great mod.

The ship is launch able. (the engine can provide enough thrust to launch easily).

Cheers. Yeah I forgot to adjust the atmosphere engine settings before release and then a lot of people liked it so it stayed the way it was.

@dboi88 Hey there, I have a bit of an off-case question for you.  I use EPL and have MKS installed, but the MKS override of EPL's resources disabled so I can use the original chain. I found the corresponding part of your code, but I can't figure out how to cleanly force it to use your setup for EPL resources without Kolony Tools installed. Should I just delete the MKS resource portions and change the needs to just Launchpad? Love your gorgeous models and clever use of snipping meshes/textures.

On 8/26/2017 at 6:19 PM, Krakatoa said:

@dboi88 Hey there, I have a bit of an off-case question for you.  I use EPL and have MKS installed, but the MKS override of EPL's resources disabled so I can use the original chain. I found the corresponding part of your code, but I can't figure out how to cleanly force it to use your setup for EPL resources without Kolony Tools installed. Should I just delete the MKS resource portions and change the needs to just Launchpad? Love your gorgeous models and clever use of snipping meshes/textures.

You'll probably need to write an MM patch to put the relevant EPL resources back in.

1 minute ago, wenth said:

@dboi88 ....what is this csi cargo bay module....it seems to be a docking port of some kind....but it has really cool looking clamping strut like things. is it a giant docking port or am i using it wrong?

Lol, i named that wrong didn't I?

It's a docking port for the 5m Kontainers 

gSdDANK.png

@dboi88 OOOOOO so they are meant to be placed "in line" on a node and then have the container place on them....interesting i was using them radially and very confused by them. i see that i can drop the cargo pod in flight. can i redock them? or is it let go any then that port is done?

Just now, wenth said:

@dboi88 OOOOOO so they are meant to be placed "in line" on a node and then have the container place on them....interesting i was using them radially and very confused by them. i see that i can drop the cargo pod in flight. can i redock them? or is it let go any then that port is done?

Yeah they are used just like any docking port but they only grab the ends of kontainers. You can redock them, there are 6 proper docking ports on the truss. 

15 minutes ago, dboi88 said:

Yeah they are used just like any docking port but they only grab the ends of kontainers. You can redock them, there are 6 proper docking ports on the truss. 

More'n happy to figure it out, but I think you may have already done the work if I just tweak your code a bit. In your EPL patch, you have:

@PART[CSIfreightergrinder]:NEEDS[Launchpad,!KolonyTools]
{
    RESOURCE
	{
		name = MetalOre
		amount = 0.0
		maxAmount = 32200.0
	}
	RESOURCE
	{
		name = Metal
		amount = 0.0
		maxAmount = 32200.0
	}
	RESOURCE
	{
		name = RocketParts
		amount = 0.0
		maxAmount = 32200.0
	}
}
@PART[CSIfreightergrinder]:NEEDS[Launchpad,KolonyTools]
{
    RESOURCE
	{
		name = Recyclables
		amount = 0.0
		maxAmount = 32200.0
	}
	RESOURCE
	{
		name = SpecializedParts
		amount = 0.0
		maxAmount = 32200.0
	}
	RESOURCE
	{
		name = MaterialKits
		amount = 0.0
		maxAmount = 32200.0
	}
}

which I'm pretty sure (learning code right now, so still not sure) says if you have Launchpad, but not KolonyTools, then use this set, and if you have both, then use this other set. If I just delete the second set and use the needs from that one for the first, will that do it? Just trying to keep MM from trying to set it then reset it. Basically just leaving it with:

@PART[CSIfreightergrinder]:NEEDS[Launchpad,KolonyTools]
{
    RESOURCE
	{
		name = MetalOre
		amount = 0.0
		maxAmount = 32200.0
	}
	RESOURCE
	{
		name = Metal
		amount = 0.0
		maxAmount = 32200.0
	}
	RESOURCE
	{
		name = RocketParts
		amount = 0.0
		maxAmount = 32200.0
	}
}

and doing that for the other parts as well. Only real change is deleting the second @PART  patch and deleting the ! from the first :NEEDS.

@dboi88 I noticed on GitHub, you made an entry on 30 April regarding Deep Freeze support. Has there been any forward motion on that? I'd think a small part (same size as the reactor) with room for maybe a half dozen kerbals and some glykerol (I think that's the fluid used) would be a great addition to the mod. 

9 minutes ago, pheenix99 said:

@dboi88 I noticed on GitHub, you made an entry on 30 April regarding Deep Freeze support. Has there been any forward motion on that? I'd think a small part (same size as the reactor) with room for maybe a half dozen kerbals and some glykerol (I think that's the fluid used) would be a great addition to the mod. 

Pinging @steedcrugeon

The plan is to introduce deep freeze support via REKT Escape Pod Mod there is going to be a 'rack' module that holds a set of Escape Pods, with one of the variants being "REKT mk1C - Single Kerbal Cryogenic† pod with built in RTG."

5 hours ago, dboi88 said:

Pinging @steedcrugeon

The plan is to introduce deep freeze support via REKT Escape Pod Mod there is going to be a 'rack' module that holds a set of Escape Pods, with one of the variants being "REKT mk1C - Single Kerbal Cryogenic† pod with built in RTG."

Sweet....thanks. Now I can freeze troublesome kerbals and jettison them on eve :P

Edited by pheenix99

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.