[1.3]Coyote Space Industries - Cargo Freighter v0.2.4

dboi88

• 4 weeks later...

At first glance it appears to work with 1.4.3 ok. Though I haven't finished building my ship so I'll let ya know.

Awesome job though, it's absolutely gorgeous!

In the meantime however, could you include a version of the workshop (or maybe update the existing one) to include OSE's module so we can use OSE to build parts on the fly?
Ground Konstruction & EPL seems to be integrated ok, just not OSE.

Any plans on adding IVA's at some point? Or maybe use something other than the hitchhiker can interiors like some crew cabins or something.
Also when you use the cockpit's IVA you can see the outline of the glass frame so looks a bit off.

But loving the mod, hopefully development on it isn't dead!

7 hours ago, DefenderX1 said:

At first glance it appears to work with 1.4.3 ok. Though I haven't finished building my ship so I'll let ya know.

Awesome job though, it's absolutely gorgeous!

In the meantime however, could you include a version of the workshop (or maybe update the existing one) to include OSE's module so we can use OSE to build parts on the fly?
Ground Konstruction & EPL seems to be integrated ok, just not OSE.

Any plans on adding IVA's at some point? Or maybe use something other than the hitchhiker can interiors like some crew cabins or something.
Also when you use the cockpit's IVA you can see the outline of the glass frame so looks a bit off.

But loving the mod, hopefully development on it isn't dead!

Cheers, thanx for testing that.

The workshop already supports OSE but there is a bug, a few missing brackets, if you replace the file GameData/CoyoteSpaceIndustries/Freighter/OSE.cfg with the file below it should work for you.

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/dboi88/CSI-Cargo-Freighter/master/FOR_RELEASE/GameData/CoyoteSpaceIndustries/Freighter/OSE.cfg

Development isn't dead per se but i'm not getting any time to work on it. I still hope to update this at some point :D 

2 hours ago, dboi88 said:

Cheers, thanx for testing that.

The workshop already supports OSE but there is a bug, a few missing brackets, if you replace the file GameData/CoyoteSpaceIndustries/Freighter/OSE.cfg with the file below it should work for you.

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/dboi88/CSI-Cargo-Freighter/master/FOR_RELEASE/GameData/CoyoteSpaceIndustries/Freighter/OSE.cfg

Development isn't dead per se but i'm not getting any time to work on it. I still hope to update this at some point :D 

Ahh cool. Hopefully I'll be able to check it out at some point. I did find, what I believe, is a couple of bugs.
First off, While trying to test out the craft I found that it just will NOT go into orbit via the cheat menu. I was trying to test out the workshop (and a couple other features) and no matter what, every time I clicked on "Set Orbit" nothing much happened outside some rumbling and a really quick flash on the screen. I'm not sure if it's a tonnage issue as the craft is over 4000 tons and that's with just with empty kontainers/bays. I did steal the following from the EL config for "Launchpad 2" to give 

Secondly when I launch the vehicle on the runway I've noticed the crew transfers window doesn't work. It just flashes up onto the screen really fast then goes away. Before I had the above issue (it did get into space a couple times) the window worked ok.  So, dunno what's up with that.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is the perfect solution for End-Game interplanetary ships, although it would be better if it would be more modular - like split the assymetrical part in separate sections or even make symmetrical parts for the front, mid and rear truss ;)

works in 1.5.1 btw if anyone is wondering, didnt try with 1.6 yet

• 5 months later...
On 11/25/2018 at 5:00 PM, Critter79606 said:

The parts that are based on the ExtraPlanetaryLaunchpad mod won't work.

I actually got Extraplanetary Launchpad to work with this mod in 1.7.3. The craft still doesn't want to stay stable though. Yaws around at max thrust like crazy most of the time, but there is the odd occasion that it will hold a course at max thrust. It's a shame because I absolutely love this craft.

1 hour ago, Alexander of Polaris said:

I actually got Extraplanetary Launchpad to work with this mod in 1.7.3. The craft still doesn't want to stay stable though. Yaws around at max thrust like crazy most of the time, but there is the odd occasion that it will hold a course at max thrust. It's a shame because I absolutely love this craft.

@Alexander of Polaris I actually got this working with EL by writing this patch (fixes any others that have never been updated too)

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ExTarget]]:NEEDS[Launchpad]:Final
{
    @MODULE[ExTarget]
    {
        @name = ELTarget
    }
}

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ExWorkshop]]:NEEDS[Launchpad]:Final
{
    @MODULE[ExWorkshop]
    {
        @name = ELWorkshop
    }
}

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ExLaunchPad]]:NEEDS[Launchpad]:Final
{
    @MODULE[ExLaunchPad]
    {
        @name = ELLaunchpad
    }
}

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ExRecycler]]:NEEDS[Launchpad]:Final
{
    @MODULE[ExRecycler]
    {
        @name = ELRecycler
    }
}

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ExSurveyStation]]:NEEDS[Launchpad]:Final
{
    @MODULE[ExSurveyStation]
    {
        @name = ELSurveyStation
    }
}

There is still the issue with the missing bulkprofies with 1.7.x, but Linuxgurugamer has a mod which takes care of it(though I don't remember which one)

• 2 weeks later...

@dboi88 I really like this mod.  I noticed the basic hull says “asymmetrical variant”, does that mean you planned or created a symmetrical version?  Any chance of more parts being introduced?

One of the things that I think is really lacking is the number of large ship/starship sized mods, and this one definitely starts to fill that niche nicely, but it’s somewhat limited in its current iteration. Love to see more!

@MaxPeck You're correct, that was the plan. Unfortunately I rarely get time to play anymore so working on adding more stuff to the mod probably won't happen. I do hope to find the time to get everything update to the latest KSP version though.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
4 minutes ago, steampunk kerbal enginer said:

any chance you gonna update this to 1.8.x thanks in advance!

Why? is there something broken for you? This is a pretty simple (tho awesome) parts mod, and *should* work with just about any version of KSP, as long as you install the up to date versions of the Dependency mods, for whatever version of KSP you are running.

If you want to try it, without worrying if it will break any current saves you have, you can easily install a seperate, fresh copy of KSP, with just this mod and its required dependencies...

• 1 month later...
On 4/26/2017 at 5:44 AM, dboi88 said:

You're right, i hadn't noticed, they are off slightly. Will get that fixed in the next release. Cheers

ksHKcBm.png

This is something revolutionary. However for asymmetrycal ships, it's always annoying if the direction of thrust is off the center of mass...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.