[1.3]Coyote Space Industries - Cargo Freighter v0.2.4

dboi88

10 hours ago, SynX said:

This is something revolutionary. However for asymmetrycal ships, it's always annoying if the direction of thrust is off the center of mass...

If your using 1.3 the plugin will automatically move the centre of mass to match the thrust.

9 hours ago, dboi88 said:

If your using 1.3 the plugin will automatically move the centre of mass to match the thrust.

Will that work for other versions? I'm using 1.7.3 will the plugin still work to move the COM

If not, is there any way to keep the thrust balanced on later ksp versions? 

3 minutes ago, Elidnas said:

Will that work for other versions? I'm using 1.7.3 will the plugin still work to move the COM

I've no idea. Not had the chance to play since 1.3. Its automatic so if the thrust isnt lining up then the plug in needs updating. Maybe just recompiling.

9 hours ago, Elidnas said:

I used it on 1.8.1... And realistically, you should offset the engine to make the thrust balanced. Also nesscery when you Want to use other engines from elsewhere, like KSPIE.

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, hendrack said:

Have not tested it yet in 1.9, but the license of this mod is all rights reserved, would you mind someone updating the plugin @dboi88? This is one of the mods that are really missed from the 1.0-1.3 days :D

I always intended to update it myself but I'm really not sure when I will find the time to get back playing. I'm happy for someone to take over management of the mod. If anyone wants to please let me know.

Perhaps @R-T-B wants a break from scatterer? ;) The plugin seems to be fine, I put the default craft into orbit and it didn't bounce with full speed. A couple parts didn't load (small greenhouse, workshop), otherwise this mod looks fine in 1.9. 

Here's a logfile: https://yadi.sk/d/G3lDrQphoojebA

Unfortunately I am no coder, but I'll set up another copy of KSP for debug purposes to help whoever wants to adopt this. :cool:

@hendrack you have a ton of errors in that log.  Most of them are missing texture files for many mods.  The errors I see for this mod are dxt3 no longer supported which isn't a big concern, one missing texture which is 01.dds, and the other errors seem to be from missing life support partmodules or maybe you are using the outdated USITools bundled with this mod.  I'm not sure what all CSITools is used for so part of the errors could be from there.  There was also a FSFuelSwitch mass discrepancy error for the freighter storage part and missing resources, probably from the life support.  You even have missing texture errors for squad parts.  You may want to try this mod in a fresh install with updated dependencies and then check the log file.  That should clear up a lot of errors.

As far as someone taking over the mod, it may be something @zer0Kerbal would be interested in.  I'm sure @linuxgurugamer has all he wants to update and then some, but maybe he's a glutton for punishment and wants one more. :confused:

8 hours ago, Dave7 said:

As far as someone taking over the mod, it may be something @zer0Kerbal would be interested in.  I'm sure @linuxgurugamer has all he wants to update and then some, but maybe he's a glutton for punishment and wants one more.

I am willing. However the license must change or something like that. Current license is ARR.

License-All%20Rights%20Reserved-black?st

12 hours ago, dboi88 said:

I always intended to update it myself but I'm really not sure when I will find the time to get back playing. I'm happy for someone to take over management of the mod. If anyone wants to please let me know.

I will message @dboi88 and see what can be done. I'd prefer GPLv2. I have sent the message.

Edited by zer0Kerbal

@zer0Kerbal after a short test most of this mod seems to work as intended.  One suggestion I have is to move some of the optional module definitions (life support, EL, hanger mod, etc.) out of the part cfg's and into a module manager cfg to get rid of some log errors, and texture conversion to dxt5 if you wanted.  Otherwise all the parts appear to be in game and functioning...   probably...  I didn't test all of the optional addon's, but with updated dependencies they should be ok.  I'll test more later if I get time.

Edited by Dave7

1 minute ago, Dave7 said:

@zer0Kerbal after a short test most of this mod seems to work as intended.  One suggestion I have is to move some of the optional module definitions (life support, EL, hanger mod, etc.) out of the part cfg's and into a module manager cfg to get rid of some log errors, and texture conversion to dxt5 if you wanted.  Otherwise all the parts appear to be in game and functioning...   probably...  I didn't test all of the optional addon's, but with updated dependencies they should be ok.  I'll test more later if I get time.

Thank you. I appreciate as much feedback as I can get, and will be looking forward to more if I am allowed to adopt.

I agree on this. My standard adoption package usually includes moving all non-stock items out of the part.cfg's. I will usually leave in TweakScale and necessary items.

I have already converted all the .dds to DX5. Already updated all the model texture pointers to .dds. and so on.

A few other things I noticed, but they are already being worked on locally.

31 minutes ago, hendrack said:

There are craft files bundled with the mod, out of the 5 or so craft only one would load for me because of missing parts.

thank you - another reason to try to move non-essential, non-stock things out of part.cfg's.

Edited by zer0Kerbal

• 2 weeks later...

It's a lovely moment when you discover an older mod, initially fear it's dead, only to find that it has just recently been picked up for maintenance by one of the wonderful people who put a lot of time and effort into keeping these kind of things alive. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 5/22/2020 at 12:51 PM, zer0Kerbal said:

Been on vacation - and moving into a new-to-me machine - apologies for the hiatus and slow reply.

Seeing some errors on 1.9.1. Installed via CKAN verified all files.

[LOG 21:36:06.211] Load(Texture): CoyoteSpaceIndustries/Freighter/Parts/01
[ERR 21:36:06.215] DDS: DXT3(128x128, MipMap=True) - DXT3 format is NOT supported. Use DXT5

[WRN 21:36:06.215] Texture load error in 'D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\CoyoteSpaceIndustries\Freighter\Parts\01.dds'
[LOG 21:36:06.221] Load(Texture): CoyoteSpaceIndustries/Freighter/Parts/02
[ERR 21:36:06.224] DDS: DXT3(128x128, MipMap=True) - DXT3 format is NOT supported. Use DXT5

[WRN 21:36:06.225] Texture load error in 'D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\CoyoteSpaceIndustries\Freighter\Parts\02.dds'
[LOG 21:36:06.226] Load(Texture): CoyoteSpaceIndustries/Freighter/Parts/03
[ERR 21:36:06.230] DDS: DXT3(128x128, MipMap=True) - DXT3 format is NOT supported. Use DXT5

[WRN 21:36:06.230] Texture load error in 'D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\CoyoteSpaceIndustries\Freighter\Parts\03.dds'
[LOG 21:36:06.232] Load(Texture): CoyoteSpaceIndustries/Freighter/Parts/04
[ERR 21:36:06.236] DDS: DXT3(128x128, MipMap=True) - DXT3 format is NOT supported. Use DXT5

[WRN 21:36:06.236] Texture load error in 'D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\CoyoteSpaceIndustries\Freighter\Parts\04.dds'
[LOG 21:36:06.238] Load(Texture): CoyoteSpaceIndustries/Freighter/Parts/05
[ERR 21:36:06.242] DDS: DXT3(128x128, MipMap=True) - DXT3 format is NOT supported. Use DXT5

[WRN 21:36:06.242] Texture load error in 'D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\CoyoteSpaceIndustries\Freighter\Parts\05.dds'

[ERR 21:39:41.658] Texture 'CoyoteSpaceIndustries/Freighter/Parts/01' not found!
[ERR 21:39:41.540] Texture 'CoyoteSpaceIndustries/Freighter/Parts/01' not found!

[ERR 21:39:41.839] Texture 'CoyoteSpaceIndustries/Freighter/Parts/01' not found!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.