[1.3]Coyote Space Industries - Cargo Freighter v0.2.4

dboi88

11 hours ago, Stone Blue said:

Those errs are an easy fix... DXT3 is no longer supported by Unity (KSP)... since the 1.8.0 update.
They just need to be converted to either DXT1 or 5...

I actually tried to fix them in photoshop but I think I chose the wrong one because now its DXT10. Which BCX is DXT5?

8 hours ago, KIMCHI said:

I actually tried to fix them in photoshop but I think I chose the wrong one because now its DXT10. Which BCX is DXT5?

idk... my knowledge is limited.
IIRC, DXT1 is best used with basic textures, that have NO alpha channel...
DXT5 is used for things that have alpha channel... like normalmaps, specmaps, maybe emmissives, too?

Quick explanation below:

Spoiler

Egad! There are tons of DXT codecs! Which should I use?

DXT comes in a lot of flavors as shown to the right. Fortunately most are specialty applications. For common situations you'll probably need to consider only three: DXT1, DXT3 and DXT5. Let's briefly overview each one to get an idea when they might be used.

DXT1 (BC1)

RGB, 4 bits per pixel, no alpha or 1 bit (black or white) alpha
DXT1 is a fixed 8:1 compression ratio

If your image does not require an alpha channel, use the no-alpha DXT1. It uses the same compression algorithm as DXT3/5 for color data, and will get you half the file size. I've never used this one with an alpha channel. Sometimes referred to as BC1 (Block Compression 1).

DXT3 (BC2)

ARGB, 8 bits per pixel, explicit alpha
DXT3 is a fixed 4:1 compression ratio

DXT3's method for storing alpha is better for files that have clearly delineated defined alpha regions and values. It may result in banding artifacts if used on images with smooth blended alpha regions-- use DXT5 for these cases. I rarely use DXT3.

DXT5 (BC3)

ARGB, 8 bits per pixel, interpolated alpha
DXT5 is same 4:1 compression ratio as DXT3

DXT5 is the go-to codec for most images that include an alpha channel. The cost is double the file size of a DXT1 image. If you do not need an alpha channel (and I suggest that you not include an alpha channel unless you absolutely must), use DXT1.

above copied from here: https://www.buckarooshangar.com/flightgear/tut_dds.html

And, also, since you are using PS, do you have Nvidia's Texture Tools plugin?

Edited by Stone Blue

On 4/20/2020 at 6:33 AM, zer0Kerbal said:

I have already converted all the .dds to DX5. Already updated all the model texture pointers to .dds. and so on.

Guys, the mod adopting overlord has already done that :D

• 3 months later...
9 minutes ago, Hypercore said:

I assume this is not maintained anymore... Wish someone will take it over and recompile it...

Unfortunately no i don't have the time to even play anymore and the mod does need a bit more work to it than just a recompile unfortunately. Hopefully @zer0Kerbal will get to it eventually. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

shortlisted. just talking to CurseForge support to try and adopt the existing listing first. CurseForge-Listed-white.svg?labelColor=6

On 11/2/2020 at 4:32 PM, been said:

I'm planning to colonize the jool system with mks ,rely wanted to use this fantastic mod:(

has anyone made it compatible?

most part mods don't need much updating, so it should work. the .dll probably does need to be recompiled and updated.

License-GPLv2-red?style=plastic&backgroundColor=black&logo=gnu

Github

Issues - Projects - Discussion

Pre-releases will be on CurseForge. Link when there is one.

New thread coming soon™. News when there is news.

Edited by zer0Kerbal

22 minutes ago, zer0Kerbal said:

shortlisted. just talking to CurseForge support to try and adopt the existing listing first.

most part mods don't need much updating, so it should work. the .dll probably does need to be recompiled and updated.

Github

Issues - Projects - Discussion

Pre-releases will be on CurseForge. Link when there is one.

New thread coming soon™. News when there is news.

Cheers, ill sort the transfers for this today for you. Thanks again for agreeing to get this back up and running.

On 11/2/2020 at 4:32 PM, been said:

mks ,rely wanted to use this fantastic mod:(

has anyone made it compatible?

Since I spend 99.999% of my free time on making/updating mods and add-on's, I don't have time to play :( someday...

One of the greatest things one can do to support the authors is to contribute.

On 1/20/2022 at 9:38 AM, dboi88 said:

Cheers, ill sort the transfers for this today for you. Thanks again for agreeing to get this back up and running.

Brilliant! thank you @dboi88for spending countless hours of devotion to making it great in the first place!

On 6/29/2020 at 11:40 AM, KIMCHI said:

I know I just wanted to help him out by sending some bug reports.

@KIMCHIplease, post any more here.

GitHub Issues: HELP WANTED: Textures wrong (old) .dds format #52

On 6/29/2020 at 12:29 PM, Stone Blue said:

Those errs are an easy fix... DXT3 is no longer supported by Unity (KSP)... since the 1.8.0 update.
They just need to be converted to either DXT1 or 5...

thank you!

when I get to the point where I am loading the testbed game to see if everything shows up (and snap up the @thumbs and other things) my logfusion will show those errors. :D

On 10/22/2020 at 11:22 AM, Hypercore said:

I assume this is not maintained anymore... Wish someone will take it over and recompile it...

patience kindly @Hypercore

This ia a very Big, complex and has a complex .dll; takes time and 2020-2021 sucked.

this mod just cries out for a DeepFreeze part and waterfall configs... both well beyond me. :sad:

plus Sandcastle.cfg, RemoteTech, and transparent pods (the .dll) as well.

but I can add MoarKerbals, SimpleConstruction support.

Edited by zer0Kerbal

17 hours ago, zer0Kerbal said:

this mod just cries out for a DeepFreeze part and waterfall configs... both well beyond me. :sad:

plus Sandcastle.cfg, RemoteTech, and transparent pods (the .dll) as well.

but I can add MoarKerbals, SimpleConstruction support.

You never know I might have the drive to develop some more parts if the general management and coding are taken care of :wink:

1 hour ago, dboi88 said:

You never know I might have the drive to develop some more parts if the general management and coding are taken care of :wink:

that would be swell! Am game!

1 hour ago, SkyFall2489 said:

Additionally, EL's modules are now named EL* instead of EX*, so all the EL configs need to be fixed up a bit.

https://github.com/zer0Kerbal/CoyoteCargoFreighter/issues

3 hours ago, dboi88 said:

I would love to see some symmetrical parts for this mod. The asymmetry, especially with the engine, kinda limits how you can use it. 

3 hours ago, MaxPeck said:

I would love to see some symmetrical parts for this mod. The asymmetry, especially with the engine, kinda limits how you can use it. 

Yeah as @zer0Kerbal mentioned the plug in, when working deals with that for you and adjusts the COM and COF on the fly. So as you undock/unload cargo it will always remained balanced.

Wish list: Super Coyote Cargo Freighter - two new parts - that allow cargo to be loaded on both sides of the spine... the can use multiple spines (hulls) to make it longer...  and a tripe drive unit - would look like an 'I' without cargo... (would need a new engine and hull part)

probably won't happen...

19 hours ago, zer0Kerbal said:

Wish list: Super Coyote Cargo Freighter - two new parts - that allow cargo to be loaded on both sides of the spine... the can use multiple spines (hulls) to make it longer...  and a tripe drive unit - would look like an 'I' without cargo... (would need a new engine and hull part)

probably won't happen...

This is what I was saying about asymmetry. It wasn’t a thrust issue, it was a design issue. 

2 hours ago, MaxPeck said:

design issue

it was designed correctly.

If you don't think so, make the new parts in a 3D software (such as Blender), the textures in image editing (such as GIMP), import into Unity using KSP Parttools and submit through the GitHub repo, where (if acceptable and up to the quality and look and feel of @dboi88's work) I will create the KSP part.cfg and include in the next release; giving credit where credit is due.

If you can't do that, then...

Edited by zer0Kerbal

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.