dboi88

[1.3]Coyote Space Industries - Cargo Freighter v0.2.4

Recommended Posts

I just wondered, as far as i've seen there's no part to attach the cylindrical liquid storage/logistics tanks to the ship?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, emerald said:

I just wondered, as far as i've seen there's no part to attach the cylindrical liquid storage/logistics tanks to the ship?

That's right, but there are parts planned that will allow this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have to comunicate something about the new patch... it looks like that the weight of the ship changed, the Freighter Storage Module for rocket parts, metal, metal ore, is super heavry.... i need to re build the ship. or something went wrong with the update.

Personal notes: I'm thinking to make a double-core Freighter... wow

 

OPPSS (Update 30 minutes later) I forgot about weight tranfere... ok

The double frighter project started... it's alive!

Edited by Sevgenko

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Sevgenko said:

I have to comunicate something about the new patch... it looks like that the weight of the ship changed, the Freighter Storage Module for rocket parts, metal, metal ore, is super heavry.... i need to re build the ship. or something went wrong with the update.

Personal notes: I'm thinking to make a double-core Freighter... wow

 

OPPSS (Update 30 minutes later) I forgot about weight tranfere... ok

The double frighter project started... it's alive!

I see you sorted it, i was going to say the storage modules have always been 25tons empty and haven't changed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh and please don't take away my ability to launch from Kerbin :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congratulations on the release and huge thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another quality work of art from @DiscoSlelge

7 minutes ago, DiscoSlelge said:

Take the next space xylophone to the Joolian system with @dboi88 Coyote Space Industries!
QKThG2s.jpg

You should go check out the rest of his work!

 

Edited by dboi88

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

I'd like to report a bug, maybe it is a problem in my installation, but I prefer ask here before reinstalling my whole game+mods, I cannot see any of the kerbals in the different parts of the freighter, the problem does not occur with other parts, I put a screenshot at the end of my post.
I also have another problem with the hangar, I cannot dock vessels in it, but I never used the mod hangar before (I installed it alongside CSI), so I am not sure for this one.

If someone could help me find out the problem...

The picture: Crew Manifest, and the interactions with the Command Bridge shows us that the crew is here, but their icons in the lower left corner simply dont show up.

17052703150015451615062811.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RayJones96 said:

Hi,

I'd like to report a bug, maybe it is a problem in my installation, but I prefer ask here before reinstalling my whole game+mods, I cannot see any of the kerbals in the different parts of the freighter, the problem does not occur with other parts, I put a screenshot at the end of my post.
I also have another problem with the hangar, I cannot dock vessels in it, but I never used the mod hangar before (I installed it alongside CSI), so I am not sure for this one.

If someone could help me find out the problem...

The picture: Crew Manifest, and the interactions with the Command Bridge shows us that the crew is here, but their icons in the lower left corner simply dont show up.

17052703150015451615062811.png

Welcome to the forums.

The crew portraits is due to the IVA's not being completed yet. I'll put in some stock ones in the next release as place holders for you.

I'm still struggling with the hangar support. I'm aware of the issue with redocking craft, I'm working on it.

Thanks for the report

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Latest Release v0.2.3

v0.2.3

  • Updated To KSP 1.3
  • Added New Custom Plugin - CSI Tools
  • Added Docking Feature To Kontainers & Rear Truss
  • Added New Docking Port - Size 3 (To Match Kontainers)
  • Removed USI Weight Balancing Features
  • Added New Custom Weight Balancing Feature
  • Fixed Crew Transfer Bugs (for good this time)
  • Added Temp IVA's For All Crewed Parts
  • Added New Custom Animated Docking Port PartModule

New Docking Feature

  • 5m Kontainer Docking Ports Integrated Into Rear Truss.
  • Deliver Kontainers at your destination and bring back empties.

gSdDANK.png

Edited by dboi88

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, dboi88 said:

Latest Release v0.2.3

v0.2.3

  • Updated To KSP 1.3
  • Added New Custom Plugin - CSI Tools
  • Added Docking Feature To Kontainers & Rear Truss
  • Added New Docking Port - Size 3 (To Match Kontainers)
  • Removed USI Weight Balancing Features
  • Added New Custom Weight Balancing Feature
  • Fixed Crew Transfer Bugs (for good this time)
  • Added Temp IVA's For All Crewed Parts
  • Added New Custom Animated Docking Port PartModule

New Docking Feature

  • 5m Kontainer Docking Ports Integrated Into Rear Truss.
  • Deliver Kontainers at your destination and bring back empties.

gSdDANK.png

*Eye watering Intensifies*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not seeing any attachment nodes on the various freighter modules (science lab, recycler, etc). Am I missing some dependency?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ktosiu said:

I'm not seeing any attachment nodes on the various freighter modules (science lab, recycler, etc). Am I missing some dependency?

Probably not - the attachment nodes are kinda hidden, as they are supposed to attach with most of their body inside the main ship.  Try just moving them into place - they should snap to the attachment nodes, even if you can't see them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good Lord warp drive would be epic on this mod. But I'd settle for thrusters & landing gear :wink:

 

Edited by pheenix99

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/5/2017 at 8:47 AM, pheenix99 said:

Good Lord warp drive would be epic on this mod. But I'd settle for thrusters & landing gear :wink:

 

But only effective at places with low gravity and next to no, or no, atmosphere

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This thing looks AMAZING!  I'm no where near being able to run this thing in my Career, but it looks fantastic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Insane ship.
Very interesting, has to play around with this.

Has one issue regarding OSE workshop, it don't work with the new 1.3 version for me, or does it require extraplanetary launchpads who I don't have installed. Not an major issue I can just put the OSE parts in an bay :)
Yes, that ever scale you think in its too small. 
With one exception, i would have to make an sort of side extension for the bridge as I want the forward node for pushing bases and stuff, love the bridge so have to keep it.

How do I mine Karbonite, do I need an extra mod, used an Karbonite mod earlier? The low volume but expensive Karboundrum is not so important it would be more of an farming resource anyway 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dear @dboi88,

First of all, I love this mod! the texturing is amazing and the different combinations makes this a very fun mod. 

But i have a few questions: It seems that, in my games, some parts don't stick together. Especially with the hanger variant. With one cargo bay installed, the ship can move, but i see the hanger twist in its slot and explode after a few seconds. When i have more cargo bays installed, the ship doesn't even move (with full throttle). I even tried with 0 gravity but it looks like is stuck to the ground without any movement. i tried to put it in space with hyperedit, but then it also wasn't able to move. Plus with hyperedit the command bridge falls off. Is this a bug with the cargo bays or is there a workaround?

 

Second question: How can i use the construction vessel variant?

I hope to hear from you soon

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2017-7-15 at 7:22 PM, magnemoe said:

Insane ship.
Very interesting, has to play around with this.

Has one issue regarding OSE workshop, it don't work with the new 1.3 version for me, or does it require extraplanetary launchpads who I don't have installed. Not an major issue I can just put the OSE parts in an bay :)
Yes, that ever scale you think in its too small. 
With one exception, i would have to make an sort of side extension for the bridge as I want the forward node for pushing bases and stuff, love the bridge so have to keep it.

How do I mine Karbonite, do I need an extra mod, used an Karbonite mod earlier? The low volume but expensive Karboundrum is not so important it would be more of an farming resource anyway 

It should work. I'll take a look.

 

On 2017-7-15 at 10:06 PM, Mekan1k said:

My only question: are there internals? Because I LOVE internals!

I haven't made any IVA'S yet. But you do have the internal EVA spaces.

7 hours ago, Blackent1 said:

Dear @dboi88,

First of all, I love this mod! the texturing is amazing and the different combinations makes this a very fun mod. 

But i have a few questions: It seems that, in my games, some parts don't stick together. Especially with the hanger variant. With one cargo bay installed, the ship can move, but i see the hanger twist in its slot and explode after a few seconds. When i have more cargo bays installed, the ship doesn't even move (with full throttle). I even tried with 0 gravity but it looks like is stuck to the ground without any movement. i tried to put it in space with hyperedit, but then it also wasn't able to move. Plus with hyperedit the command bridge falls off. Is this a bug with the cargo bays or is there a workaround?

 

Second question: How can i use the construction vessel variant?

I hope to hear from you soon

 

What version of the mod are you using and which game version? 

For the two construction vessels you need Extraplanetarylaunchpads or OSE Workshop mods.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, dboi88 said:

It should work. I'll take a look.

 

I haven't made any IVA'S yet. But you do have the internal EVA spaces.

What version of the mod are you using and which game version? 

For the two construction vessels you need Extraplanetarylaunchpads or OSE Workshop mods.

The version of ksp is 1.3 and the mod is the one in CKAN (0.2.3)

In the image below you can see that the cargo bays are twisting out of their slots and that the throttle is at 100% but after 20 seconds (and even more) the ship hasn't moved

 

7L7gif1.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know you're busy, but when you've got all the bugs worked out, could I convince you to add kerbalism support? Because I love kerbalism, and almost nothing supports it, and this mod is awesome and I haven't even played with it yet. I'd love it if you could do that. Thanks in advance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/19/2017 at 0:43 AM, Blackent1 said:

The version of ksp is 1.3 and the mod is the one in CKAN (0.2.3)

In the image below you can see that the cargo bays are twisting out of their slots and that the throttle is at 100% but after 20 seconds (and even more) the ship hasn't moved

 

7L7gif1.png

I have no idea what is going on there i'm afraid, I've been using the same version of the mod since release and nothing like this has ever happened. Can you try and see if it's still present on a clean install, there might be a mod conflict.

On 7/19/2017 at 4:29 AM, rulerofdabacon said:

I know you're busy, but when you've got all the bugs worked out, could I convince you to add kerbalism support? Because I love kerbalism, and almost nothing supports it, and this mod is awesome and I haven't even played with it yet. I'd love it if you could do that. Thanks in advance.

I'd be happy to take a look at this for you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, dboi88 said:

I have no idea what is going on there i'm afraid, I've been using the same version of the mod since release and nothing like this has ever happened. Can you try and see if it's still present on a clean install, there might be a mod conflict.

I'd be happy to take a look at this for you. 

I have reinstalled KSP, deleted all other mods and reinstalled CSI cargo freighter via CKAN (which means installing the necessary mods) 

i have made a gif for you, so you can see what i did. i launched but there was no movement (even with 0 gravity) so i used the set orbit function. than the cargo bays/hanger wiggle out of their slot and explode.

 

vvS3ELK.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Blackent1 said:

I have reinstalled KSP, deleted all other mods and reinstalled CSI cargo freighter via CKAN (which means installing the necessary mods) 

i have made a gif for you, so you can see what i did. i launched but there was no movement (even with 0 gravity) so i used the set orbit function. than the cargo bays/hanger wiggle out of their slot and explode.

 

vvS3ELK.gif

Ahh , , , CKAN

This is similar to the bugs i found in USI Tools(well it's actually a stock bug but USI Tools is pretty much the only mod that uses that but of the AP and so it broke USI ToolsI), we no longer use USI tools for anything other than the Kontainer Models, i think CKAN might be doing something strange. Can you delete those mods from the gamedata folder and replace with just the files available here https://spacedock.info/mod/1332/Coyote Space Industries - Cargo Freighter if that fixes it, which i'm pretty sure it will, i'll go and have a chat with the CKAN folks and see if we can get CKAN installs working again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.