dboi88

[1.3]Coyote Space Industries - Cargo Freighter v0.2.4

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, RazorFang95 said:

Does this work with 1.4.2?

I don't know. Try it and let me know:P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At first glance it appears to work with 1.4.3 ok. Though I haven't finished building my ship so I'll let ya know.

Awesome job though, it's absolutely gorgeous!

In the meantime however, could you include a version of the workshop (or maybe update the existing one) to include OSE's module so we can use OSE to build parts on the fly?
Ground Konstruction & EPL seems to be integrated ok, just not OSE.

Any plans on adding IVA's at some point? Or maybe use something other than the hitchhiker can interiors like some crew cabins or something.
Also when you use the cockpit's IVA you can see the outline of the glass frame so looks a bit off.

But loving the mod, hopefully development on it isn't dead!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, DefenderX1 said:

At first glance it appears to work with 1.4.3 ok. Though I haven't finished building my ship so I'll let ya know.

Awesome job though, it's absolutely gorgeous!

In the meantime however, could you include a version of the workshop (or maybe update the existing one) to include OSE's module so we can use OSE to build parts on the fly?
Ground Konstruction & EPL seems to be integrated ok, just not OSE.

Any plans on adding IVA's at some point? Or maybe use something other than the hitchhiker can interiors like some crew cabins or something.
Also when you use the cockpit's IVA you can see the outline of the glass frame so looks a bit off.

But loving the mod, hopefully development on it isn't dead!

Cheers, thanx for testing that.

The workshop already supports OSE but there is a bug, a few missing brackets, if you replace the file GameData/CoyoteSpaceIndustries/Freighter/OSE.cfg with the file below it should work for you.

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/dboi88/CSI-Cargo-Freighter/master/FOR_RELEASE/GameData/CoyoteSpaceIndustries/Freighter/OSE.cfg

Development isn't dead per se but i'm not getting any time to work on it. I still hope to update this at some point :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dboi88 said:

Cheers, thanx for testing that.

The workshop already supports OSE but there is a bug, a few missing brackets, if you replace the file GameData/CoyoteSpaceIndustries/Freighter/OSE.cfg with the file below it should work for you.

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/dboi88/CSI-Cargo-Freighter/master/FOR_RELEASE/GameData/CoyoteSpaceIndustries/Freighter/OSE.cfg

Development isn't dead per se but i'm not getting any time to work on it. I still hope to update this at some point :D 

Ahh cool. Hopefully I'll be able to check it out at some point. I did find, what I believe, is a couple of bugs.
First off, While trying to test out the craft I found that it just will NOT go into orbit via the cheat menu. I was trying to test out the workshop (and a couple other features) and no matter what, every time I clicked on "Set Orbit" nothing much happened outside some rumbling and a really quick flash on the screen. I'm not sure if it's a tonnage issue as the craft is over 4000 tons and that's with just with empty kontainers/bays. I did steal the following from the EL config for "Launchpad 2" to give 

Secondly when I launch the vehicle on the runway I've noticed the crew transfers window doesn't work. It just flashes up onto the screen really fast then goes away. Before I had the above issue (it did get into space a couple times) the window worked ok.  So, dunno what's up with that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/17/2018 at 5:50 PM, dboi88 said:

Development isn't dead per se but i'm not getting any time to work on it. I still hope to update this at some point :D 

Come back we miss you <3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Come back we miss you <3

I miss you more ;.;

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

there is a 1.4.4 version update¿?

I looking for a new career game (end-game interstellar usi-mks).

and this is just was i wanted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, elbuglione@gmail.com said:

there is a 1.4.4 version update¿?

I looking for a new career game (end-game interstellar usi-mks).

and this is just was i wanted.

I'm using the 1.3 version without issue on 1.4.4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@dboi88 

I've been chasing some ExtraPlanetary Launchpad issues, and in doing so, I found that your support for this mod is out of date.  In v6.0.0 of EL, he renamed things from Ex~ to El~.

I thought I'd mention it since I ran across it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/18/2018 at 5:21 AM, Critter79606 said:

@dboi88 

I've been chasing some ExtraPlanetary Launchpad issues, and in doing so, I found that your support for this mod is out of date.  In v6.0.0 of EL, he renamed things from Ex~ to El~.

I thought I'd mention it since I ran across it.

Just wondering, what issues does this cause? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Solar_Ranger24 said:

Just wondering, what issues does this cause? 

The parts that are based on the ExtraPlanetaryLaunchpad mod won't work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, I just found that Mod and I realy like it. I just wanted to ask if there are any cool IVA's in this Mod. I love IVA's.:o

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is the perfect solution for End-Game interplanetary ships, although it would be better if it would be more modular - like split the assymetrical part in separate sections or even make symmetrical parts for the front, mid and rear truss ;)

 

works in 1.5.1 btw if anyone is wondering, didnt try with 1.6 yet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/25/2018 at 5:00 PM, Critter79606 said:

The parts that are based on the ExtraPlanetaryLaunchpad mod won't work.

I actually got Extraplanetary Launchpad to work with this mod in 1.7.3. The craft still doesn't want to stay stable though. Yaws around at max thrust like crazy most of the time, but there is the odd occasion that it will hold a course at max thrust. It's a shame because I absolutely love this craft.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Alexander of Polaris said:

I actually got Extraplanetary Launchpad to work with this mod in 1.7.3. The craft still doesn't want to stay stable though. Yaws around at max thrust like crazy most of the time, but there is the odd occasion that it will hold a course at max thrust. It's a shame because I absolutely love this craft.

@Alexander of Polaris I actually got this working with EL by writing this patch (fixes any others that have never been updated too)


@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ExTarget]]:NEEDS[Launchpad]:Final
{
    @MODULE[ExTarget]
    {
        @name = ELTarget
    }
}

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ExWorkshop]]:NEEDS[Launchpad]:Final
{
    @MODULE[ExWorkshop]
    {
        @name = ELWorkshop
    }
}

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ExLaunchPad]]:NEEDS[Launchpad]:Final
{
    @MODULE[ExLaunchPad]
    {
        @name = ELLaunchpad
    }
}

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ExRecycler]]:NEEDS[Launchpad]:Final
{
    @MODULE[ExRecycler]
    {
        @name = ELRecycler
    }
}

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ExSurveyStation]]:NEEDS[Launchpad]:Final
{
    @MODULE[ExSurveyStation]
    {
        @name = ELSurveyStation
    }
}

There is still the issue with the missing bulkprofies with 1.7.x, but Linuxgurugamer has a mod which takes care of it(though I don't remember which one)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@dboi88 I really like this mod.  I noticed the basic hull says “asymmetrical variant”, does that mean you planned or created a symmetrical version?  Any chance of more parts being introduced?

One of the things that I think is really lacking is the number of large ship/starship sized mods, and this one definitely starts to fill that niche nicely, but it’s somewhat limited in its current iteration. Love to see more!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@MaxPeck You're correct, that was the plan. Unfortunately I rarely get time to play anymore so working on adding more stuff to the mod probably won't happen. I do hope to find the time to get everything update to the latest KSP version though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

This is a very great mod, I like the detail to the ships, But do you think you could add custom interiors instead of placeholders?

Edited by siklidkid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.