KSP Music

Schmoe

Hey guys, I'm new around here, but figured I'd share this. I'm quite new to KSP - in fact I just recently learned about it from a friend, but the entire concept is really great and I've found myself having a lot of fun with it. I noticed there's no music in the game as of now, and since I'm a musician I decided to write something that could play while in orbit or exploring.

http://soundcloud.com/schmoe222/ksp-exploration

Anyway, let me know what you think!

This is amazing! I love the tune, really catches bits of the game's atmosphere. I could really see this on the main menu, on the scene with the Kerbals on the moon, as they chatter to one another :P

Reading this made me wonder how music will be implemented in the game. Will there be a single ambient track that plays while you're in space, or will the game attempt to change music dynamically as you do different things in space.

Perhaps as you lift off there would be more "vigorus" music, which would settle into a more ambient tune as you exited the atmosphere and your acceleration slowed. Then while in space performing a burn (accelerating rapidly) would cause the music to pick up a little, and it would then settle smoothly into the ambient tune as you finished the burn. Perhaps EVAs could have their own tune as well. And finally once you fall below a certain point on a planet or moon a sort of "landing" music would play.

Also, very nice music. I think it would fit into the main menu and/or the VAB very nicely!

This is cool. I'm a musician myself. Personally I would add a little variation to the base melody it's never good to repeat with no changes. Even a small change adds alot to the dynamic and makes the piece more interesting. Just my thoughts. Good work.

Reading this made me wonder how music will be implemented in the game. Will there be a single ambient track that plays while you're in space, or will the game attempt to change music dynamically as you do different things in space.

Perhaps as you lift off there would be more "vigorus" music, which would settle into a more ambient tune as you exited the atmosphere and your acceleration slowed. Then while in space performing a burn (accelerating rapidly) would cause the music to pick up a little, and it would then settle smoothly into the ambient tune as you finished the burn. Perhaps EVAs could have their own tune as well. And finally once you fall below a certain point on a planet or moon a sort of "landing" music would play.

Also, very nice music. I think it would fit into the main menu and/or the VAB very nicely!

What they said. And what Thrfoot said (it is nice, but might get too repetitive and become annoying). Dynamic music would be best, and if not, something like this randomly fading in and out while on a mission would be excellent, as long as it was in orbit somewhere. This music would ruin my mood to land or takeoff. xD

Now it's official: You have my vote for being the composer of the KSP soundtrack! I heard your track yesterday and ever since I can't get it out of my head. Had to re-find this thread just to tell you how awesome your music is. It fits KSP's humor and adventurous ambiente perfectly!

Definately main menu feel, but personally, I want something more like MrMeerkat's link, or something along the lines of this:

(for those dicey spaceplane tests) or of course this :
(when you actually make it to orbit)

To be honest whenever I play the cowboy bebop or 2001 soundtracks while playing KSP, I have a little nerdgasm....eh, just my opinion. One more thing, there should be some CREEPY music playing when you find an Arch or a Monolith. When you find your first, might I suggest this track (also from 2001):

I'm not suggesting squad rip these tracks into the game, but maybe just produce something with the same feel.

Actually, I think that something like this would sound a bit more appropriate.

If you could make a song a bit more like that it would probably have more chance getting into the game. But you did a good job with that little piece right there.

There's a thing called event-based music, and different situations in the game can give different music.

Takeoff, ascent, orbit, etc

And asking him to make something like Gymnopédie is just plain mean :P

• 10 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.