So what song is stuck in your head today?

SmileyTRex

1 minute ago, Geonovast said:

My brother just turned me to Chvrches, so I'm listening to everything they have on Spotify.

So far, really liking them.  I was kinda on the hunt for another band with a strong female lead with this kind of sound.

Nothing wrong with being introduced to new sounds at all. I have a DVD rack full of everything from classical to rap, but admittedly I only get into Black Eyed Peas, Sir Mix-a-lot, and Tone Loc... :D

Oh, and except for Discovery, I am a HUGE Star Trek fan...  =/\=

5 minutes ago, adsii1970 said:

Oh, and except for Discovery, I am a HUGE Star Trek fan...  =/\=

I've noticed!  You're the reason my location changed.  I'm probably gonna give Discovery a few seasons before I start it.  I didn't care much for Enterprise, I didn't even see the last 2 seasons until just about 2 years ago.

I've never liked rap, mostly because it's usually associated with those lower frequency... attacks we've discussed before.

I don't think I could like the Black Eyed Peas less.

5 minutes ago, adsii1970 said:

Nothing wrong with being introduced to new sounds at all.

I'm really surprised I hadn't listened to them sooner.  My absolute favorite group is Tegan & Sara, and they mention Chvrches frequently on their Facebook page.  Just never got around to listening.

Edited by Geonovast

2 minutes ago, Geonovast said:

I've never liked rap, mostly because it's usually associated with those lower frequency... attacks we've discussed before.

I don't think I could like the Black Eyed Peas less.

As I've gotten older, I have noticed I am gravitating to the older rock, classic stuff from AC/DC, the Who, KISS, and &tc. I actually have been moving a lot of the rap to the sales bin I plan to take to Coconuts - they buy back/exchange used CDs. And I will probably buy some more Jimmy Buffett, or maybe even some old Dr. Hook...

7 minutes ago, Geonovast said:

I'm really surprised I hadn't listened to them sooner.  My absolute favorite group is Tegan & Sara, and they mention Chvrches frequently on their Facebook page.  Just never got around to listening.

Don't be. Music tastes change all the time... it's a part of the aging process...

Nobody Home by Pink Floyd.

"I got a little black book with my poems in. Got a bag with my toothbrush and comb. When I'm a good dog, they sometimes throw me a bone."

Okay, let me explain. I was watching YouTube, and I saw a great song parody. This one:

So, I decided to google the initial song... I'm stuck. On the bright side, I've got something to whistle when things aren't going right... Like me probably having strep.... On the day of a track meet...  woo

Edited by DarkOwl57

2 hours ago, KSK said:

Nobody Home by Pink Floyd.

"I got a little black book with my poems in. Got a bag with my toothbrush and comb. When I'm a good dog, they sometimes throw me a bone."

"I got elastic bands keepin' my shoes on. Got those swollen hand blues."

Funnily enough that one's been in my head for a while. Along with Vera... which is kind of a funny song now that Vera Lynn has outlived some band members.

10 hours ago, DarkOwl57 said:

Okay, let me explain. I was watching YouTube, and I saw a great song parody. This one:

So, I decided to google the initial song... I'm stuck. On the bright side, I've got something to whistle when things aren't going right... Like me probably having strep.... On the day of a track meet...  woo

The second one needs to be replaced with one that's not altered.

I have no idea why, but the Japanese-language theme song (or I guess opening-credits song) for Kenshin just popped into my head an hour or so ago and won’t go away. I don’t think I’ve heard it in at least 15 years. 

Edited by Cydonian Monk

12 hours ago, Cydonian Monk said:

I have no idea why, but the Japanese-language theme song (or I guess opening-credits song) for Kenshin just popped into my head an hour or so ago and won’t go away. I don’t think I’ve heard it in at least 15 years. 

gOD I love that Opening

Hey witch doctor, give us the magic words!

Ooh, Eee, Ooh, Ahh, Ahh, Ting, Tang, Walla, Walla, Bing, Bang, Ooh, Eee, Ooh, Ahh, Ahh, Ting, Tang, Walla, Walla, Bang, Bang!

Now it's stuck in your head too: