So what song is stuck in your head today?

SmileyTRex

59 minutes ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

Bout a minute in....  not what I was expecting. :o

. . .

great unholy flarp it Just. Keeps. Going! :0.0:

I’m speechless.  After that, I need...

... a day off... <_<

38 minutes ago, Green Baron said:

I had forgotten them for .... 20 years ?

Thijs van Leers voice is crazy.

Thanks, man, for the refresher !

yeah, I've known about that one for decades... hehehe. So I had to laugh when i saw it come up on YouTube... and then share it here.

But now that I have flutes on the brain... again... another one just lodged itself into my head... and this one I think a lot of you around my age will instantly recognize

Oh... speaking of flutes... again... does anyone know what key the KSP theme song is in???

can we get out get out

get get get out

get get get out of here

can we get out get out

get get get out 

get get get out of here

dunuhnuhnuhNUHnuuurnuuuur

dunuhnuhnNUHnuuurnuur

dnuhhnuhnuhnuuuuuur nur-nurrrrr

gooooood intentions never gooood enough

so can we get get out get out

get get get out 

get get get out of here

can we geto uyt ofd here ghet get get out of here can we goooood intentions never get get out of her get get get out nver get out nuuuuur goooood get out get out get get get out of here never get out get out never nuuur get out get get get out never get get  get ou nuuur can we gooood get get get out get out of here never ofd here nuuur nurr DUUUUR never get get get out out nebvet get outlj jnhbgjfdknghskldfjhs'l;fdkgasl;dkjgkfdsgnfkmbnm,nvm,vnb,mlknmkllj

Got some Kanye and Eminem stuck in my head at the moment. Also a bit of Linkin Park.

"But dark! Rap? Really? I thought you didn't like that?"

Yeah, yeah whatever. I'm working on a... Project. More to come soon, but let's just say that it will involve a bit of good music and some greatness.

So is it a bad thing that I'm working out the details of my next chapter, while this gently rumbles around my brain???

14 hours ago, cubinator said:

F major

The first note is an E

F-major???

Hmmm... that may explain... I was sent a video with the sheet music attached, but there was no key indicated anywhere, which I would assume meant it was in C-major. But C-major felt wrong...

I need to dig my synthesizer out of the closet and really pin this down.

For many of you, this is going to be a morbid song... but for those of us in more rural areas, this is funny! I heard it last week on my XM Sirius radio (Classic Vinyl) and it has been stuck in my mind ever since... especially when I came back home from a conference in Nashville on Saturday and encountered a dead skunk...

3 minutes ago, GoSlash27 said:

"Venice Queen" from the By the Way album, RHCP.

Remember when we used to listen to entire albums and find gems like these?

Best,
-Slashy

You're right... That's the big problem with the "greatest hits" collection. Some of the not-so-big hit songs were just as good as the big hits. With Duran-Duran, INXS, Billy Joel, and Information Society this is often the case...

1 hour ago, adsii1970 said:

Some of the not-so-big hit songs were just as good as the big hits. With Duran-Duran, INXS, Billy Joel, and Information Society this is often the case...

Foo Fighters, Spoon, The Bravery... Most of my favorite songs on any given album never made the radio.

23 minutes ago, GoSlash27 said:

Remember when we used to listen to entire albums and find gems like these?

Best,
-Slashy

14 minutes ago, adsii1970 said:

You're right... That's the big problem with the "greatest hits" collection. Some of the not-so-big hit songs were just as good as the big hits. With Duran-Duran, INXS, Billy Joel, and Information Society this is often the case...

YES!!! I couldn't agree with both of you more! I was never a big fan of most "greatest hits" songs... maybe because they got so overplayed after a while, and I loved the less often heard B-side masterpieces.

In fact... I ran across one of my all time favorites this morning, after posting the one I did, that's really stuck now in my head... and it's exactly this kind of B-side song. In fact I was stunned to see it being performed live... I had no idea this was ever played in concert... and I'm bummed I wasn't at this concert.

It's Metallica... and the funny story behind this is I wasn't a huge fan when they first came out. But then I heard this amazing instrumental on side 2 of Master of Puppets... and I realized they were actually really talented... albeit really, really fast... and I started listening to them more.

The song that finally got me hooked on Metallica... an absolutely amazing instrumental gem buried on side two of Master of Puppets... 

I give you: Orion...

Edited by Just Jim

3 minutes ago, GoSlash27 said:

Foo Fighters, Spoon, The Bravery... Most of my favorite songs on any given album never made the radio.

I will have to take your word on the Spoon and The Bravery - considering I don't know who they are. I think my musical growth stopped somewhere with Maroon 5, REM, and Barenakedladies...

6 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

I had no idea this was ever played in concert... and I'm bummed I wasn't at this concert.

If you want a real mind blower, check out their S&M album. It’s Metallica backed by a full symphony orchestra. :cool: Doesn’t have Orion but it does The Call of Ktulu, another absolutely epic instrumental. 

16 minutes ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

If you want a real mind blower, check out their S&M album. It’s Metallica backed by a full symphony orchestra. :cool: Doesn’t have Orion but it does The Call of Ktulu, another absolutely epic instrumental. 

OMG... My second favorite instrumental... and I already found it!!! 

This will sort of count on here, because it'll definitely shove Orion out of my head and replace it for a while!!!

Thank you!!! I owe ya one!!!

Oh, and anyone who doesn't get the reference, even if it misspelled... well, I hope you haven't offended... him... :sticktongue:

Edited by Just Jim

1 hour ago, adsii1970 said:

I will have to take your word on the Spoon and The Bravery - considering I don't know who they are. I think my musical growth stopped somewhere with Maroon 5, REM, and Barenakedladies...

Well, I don't know if either of these groups makes music that you'd like, but their albums are the same way for me; I end up liking the b- sides way more than the popular tracks.
Some samples

Again, the cool thing about these bands is you can listen to their entire album and enjoy them.

Sorry for the wall of songs,
-Slashy

10 minutes ago, GoSlash27 said:

Sorry for the wall of songs,
-Slashy

Oh no, that was great! I really like the first one, Tyrant... :cool:

But for some reason the title of the Foo Fighters song immediately reminded me of this...

... which shows you just how fast my moods can shift... lmao... :confused:

FYI... I was 8 when this came out... which should explain a lot... hehehe :cool:

Edited by Just Jim

The funky "brass in mainstream rock" period. What an awesome time for music!
 Even Sonny & Cher were rocking back then...

*EDIT* And now that I've said it, it's stuck in my head :D

But if you like that track from The Bravery, google the band and pick whatever random song pops up. They're all good.

Best,
-Slashy

Edited by GoSlash27