So what song is stuck in your head today?

SmileyTRex

This is a wild one.  Been really digging it lately.

It begets the universal question on all our minds... Who is making those new brown clouds these days?

On 5/7/2018 at 10:27 PM, Kernel Kraken said:

My exact feelings towards my heavy lifters :p 

I like the Ugly Kid Joe version better.  ;)

Edited by klesh

OK, so yesterday I posted a short video of me playing a couple flutes in my backyard...

But honestly, I'm not that great...

Now this... This is some great flute playing, and one of my absolute favorite bands of all time,

:wub:  The 12-Girls Band!!!!!!  :wub:

Turn it up!!!

Edited by Just Jim

1 hour ago, Just Jim said:

OK, so yesterday I posted a short video of me playing a couple flutes in my backyard...

Do you listen to Roland Kirk at all?  Here is a song he wrote you might be familiar with from Tull.

Here is a whole performance if you dig it.  As an aside, he is blind.

Edited by klesh

13 hours ago, klesh said:

Do you listen to Roland Kirk at all?  Here is a song he wrote you might be familiar with from Tull.

I am familiar with the name, but I hadn't seen these videos... outstanding!!! 

Edited by Just Jim

For @Just Jim

Mozart's Concerto for flute and harp, K.299. There are a number of recordings of this on YouTube, but none of them really suits me; none of them like the recording I have here at home. Having listened to several (too many) of them, this one has a decent balance (recording volume) between flute and harp... most of them, the flute drowns out the harp. Enjoy.

2 hours ago, adsii1970 said:

@LordFerret, still, even though it isn't your favorite one, it doesn't sound that bad. Who is the conductor of the performance you like?

Unfortunately I do not know, and I'm always a bit upset about it. It was a copy from vinyl that a friend gave me going close to 30 years ago, and that friend has since passed. I have no way of finding out.

1 minute ago, LordFerret said:

Unfortunately I do not know, and I'm always a bit upset about it. It was a copy from vinyl that a friend gave me going close to 30 years ago, and that friend has since passed. I have no way of finding out.

Sorry to hear about that. ;.;

1 hour ago, Xorth Tanovar said:

Wendy Carlos

Wendy Carlos was an amazing guy... er... ah... gal. Whatever.

Switched-On Bach was amazing, and I remember when it was released. I immediately bought a copy when it became available.

19 hours ago, LordFerret said:

Wendy Carlos was an amazing guy... er... ah... gal. Whatever.

Switched-On Bach was amazing, and I remember when it was released. I immediately bought a copy when it became available.

That, and the "Well-Tempered Synthesizer" that followed it....both claim a prominent area in my collection.