So what song is stuck in your head today?

SmileyTRex

14 hours ago, colonoscopy said:

Today I was really under the "don't worry be happy" song since the stress on the work is on the edge =/

Back when I was on my ship in the Navy, we had a guy on the boat, a Torpedoman, named Ivan. Ivan was a big guy, 6' 2" at least, and built. You did not want to mess with Ivan. Ivan also bore more than a passing resemblance to Bobby McFerrin. However, he hated Bobby McFerrin's music in general, and "Don't Worry Be Happy" specifically. He made a habit of spontaneously heart-punching anyone who brought it up. So, of course, we being the kind, generous fellows that we were, whenever we sent our new guys up to Ivan in the torpedo room for checkouts on their qualification cards we would tell them, "Oh, and make sure you mention to him that he looks like Bobby McFerrin. He totally digs that." :D

I suppose I should post some music since I'm here. Someone posted a cover of this a while ago, but some songs just can't be covered....

On 1/15/2019 at 9:00 PM, LordFerret said:

Having seen this guy's face many times on the web, I played your video.  Almost immediately, I heard my wife in the next room laughing her butt off.  Seems she remembers watching it on tv in Moscow back in the day, in the seventies when it was broadcast (she was living and working in Moscow at the time).  Anyway, next thing I know, she's 'trololoing' along with him.  Funny stuff.

The history I was told is that the music he (Eduard Khil) was going to sing was in english, and by some reason, the music were vetoed by this fact. So he just "trololo'ed" his way out of the problem! :sticktongue:

3 hours ago, Lisias said:

The history I was told is that the music he (Eduard Khil) was going to sing was in english, and by some reason, the music were vetoed by this fact. So he just "trololo'ed" his way out of the problem! :sticktongue:

According to the wife, and Wiki, it's a song Khil did in his own style without the words.  I don't see much of anything on the web as to who authored the song, English or Russian.  If the history you're referring to has anything to do with this link (https://www.rbth.com/lifestyle/329356-5-russian-songs-unintentional-meme-royalty), or some other link like it, I'll hold doubt ... claims with no real citation to any valid source.

Edit:
I should read my own links better;  The song was authored by Arkady Ostrovsky, so it was a Russian song, but it was about an American cowboy riding his horse. :blush:

Edited by LordFerret
doh

4 hours ago, LordFerret said:

The song was authored by Arkady Ostrovsky, so it was a Russian song, but it was about an American cowboy riding his horse. :blush:

Interesting! I will pass the word to the one that told me that.

Edited by Lisias

Some kind soul uploaded the entirety of the Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown soundtrack not just to YouTube, but also as a pack of MP3s (which I shamelessly downloaded)... There's a couple of gems lurking in there, like:

Dual Wielder

ADFX-10

Siren's Song

Faceless Soldier

Daredevil

And, perhaps the one most recognizable from one of the first trailers... Sol Squadron

The whole soundtrack runs for better than 3 1/2 hours, and it's fantastic for making yourself feel like a relentless badS hot on the six of a bandit. 10/10, highly recommend the whole soundtrack.

On 1/23/2019 at 12:47 PM, Green Baron said:

Cool, is that the same cello that played Hans Zimmer's Pirates of the Caribbean theme ?

Yes! Tina Guo... Both of them are amazing!

Here's another fun one... I was watching the movie this morning, and the theme has been rolling around my head all day...

Enjoy!