So what song is stuck in your head today?

SmileyTRex

Dammit, I found out that they always have a better rendition of things of their own making which I disliked the original.

Tornado - didn't really got the standalone version, but the additional intro makes for it.

They released this as a standalone in their bandcamp, but is sped up - the slower version is better. (I do get why they weren't very satisfied by it though, because the supposed bridge section ends up like a trench.)

Lastly, a cover of Giorgio by Moroder. The original sounds good too (albeit not as accoustic, obviously).

31 minutes ago, Lisias said:

I had read something today, and this came to my mind!

That's hilarious!!!

I don't know how to follow it up... except I just stumbled across this rather aggressive little gem

35 minutes ago, Just Jim said:
1 hour ago, Lisias said:

I had read something today, and this came to my mind!

That's hilarious!!!

I don't know how to follow it up... except I just stumbled across this rather aggressive little gem

I know how to follow that up...

40 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

except I just stumbled across this rather aggressive little gem

I must say, that was pretty good. Sounds like it should be in a movie soundtrack somewhere....

A song like this needs a bit of introduction I think, but my goodness, it's been stuck in my head for a month. The fact the visuals are cute and my 5yo little one keeps asking us to play it may be part of that :). Anyways, the song starts slow and very patiently builds tension to what feels like the maximum at the 3 minute mark, but then it changes texture, cools off a bit and keeps right on ramping up... And it just never stops! You know things are about to get serious when they bust out the cow bell at the 10 minute mark :D. It's a 20 minute song, but dang it goes places. I'd been craving some new jazz for a while and this really did it for me.

The thumbnail with the horrified faces says: She's singing in 7 time!?

You definitely can't take it too seriously! The song's gimmick is they have computer generated vocals singing only "tettey terettey" (an equivalent to dum dum dee dum). But then they frame this silly melody with an intense piano counter melody, a frenetic rhythm and a charming chilled out bass line. Their other songs are just as silly, including such titles as: "We told computer voices just to yell things" and "We only played two chords to make this song"

Final fun fact, the character drawn in for the bassist shows up in tons of other places as well, which never ceases to amuse me in a "Where's Waldo?" sort of way. She happens to be the mascot for a successful Japanese private space program called Interstellar Technologies, and even for an ongoing KSP career by @Pipcard where she makes a rather adorable rocket size comparison.

Anyways, I hope someone else gets as much of a kick out of this song as I do.

On 6/2/2019 at 6:31 AM, Cunjo Carl said:

You definitely can't take it too seriously !

The animated characters are nice though. The music itself... well, what I expected off Japan really.

EDIT : I really like this one :

The track title says it all : "A BGM" (background music).

Edited by YNM

Today is this one, from a Indie Rock Band from Baltimore [I was wrong. The Youtube Artist appears not to be related to the Baltimore band!]

Edited by Lisias
Standing (self) corrected.