So what song is stuck in your head today?

SmileyTRex

I came across this in my collection while building a playlist, so I put it in. Then the randomizer came up with it this morning, and now it's stuck.

For those who don't know, mostly those who were too young to remember...

Spoiler

This was Neil Young's tribute to Todd Beamer and the others aboard Flight 93. "Let's roll!" were Todd's last words (as heard by his wife on the cell phone) before attempting to retake control of the aircraft from the terrorists who hijacked it on 9/11, 2001

Too many to link to but today I have a medley from The Rocky Horror Picture Show playing in my head.

I’m not calling out the responsible person but you know who you are!

Stuck ? Good lord, I'd have hoped it wasn't stuck, because this struck your feelings !

Spoiler

As the creator/author describes it :

■ It will be another story that is completely different from previous works. Please note. ■ It is a story of the earthquake disaster. ■ Contents, it is heavy. ■ It is my self-satisfied work that I wanted to keep in memory.

It recounts the 3.11 earthquake and tsunami, and the events that follows (I assume the author's personal experience). A comic was supposed to accompany it but has since been deleted off the internet (the song has remained only because it was exported out of the original upload site, it has since been deleted as well).

Here, let the lyrics speak for themselves :

Spoiler

君と 歌い 歩いた 夢の坂道                          On my own, under the night sky, I’m still searching
夜空の下で 一人まだ探し続けて                      for that hilly path in my dream, where we used to sing and walk together.

回る 回る 私は黒く染まって                           Round and round, I spin, dying myself in black
大事な光を あの日見失った                               for I’ve lost sight of that precious light on that day.

遠い昔の記憶が 流れ星と駆け巡る                  My memories of the distant past are streaking by, along with the shooting stars.
素敵な君のあの笑顔 忘れず                               I still haven’t forgotten the lovely way you smiled.

今すぐ 飛んで 飛んで 遥か 遠い星まで   I wish I could take flight right now, to that far, far away star
キラキラの君に 会いに行きたいなあ               to see you, as you sparkle and shine.

(interlude)

君がくれた 最後の光の手紙                               On my own, under the night sky, I’m still searching
夜空の下で 一人まだ探し続けて                       for the last letter of light that you gave me.

揺れる 揺れる 私は力尽き果て                       Unsteadily, waveringly, I’m moving along, my strength running out.
希望の光は もう消えかけていた                       My light of hope is already on the verge of disappearing.

崩れ落ちてゆく世界 全て喰らう黒の渦           And then, within this crumbling world, in the darkness of despair
絶望の闇から君を 見つけた                               inside this black vortex that’s swallowing up everything, I found you.

飛んで 飛んで 遥か 遠く                               Thus I take flight, to that far, far away star.
君に 会えた さよなら言えたんだ                   Finally, I’ve been able to see you and say my goodbye.

Let's say that, given what have happened last year (and only recently as well), it struck uncomfortably too close to home for me.

Edited by YNM

The local radio station that's on all day at work has a song called "Gloria" on the power rotation, which means I hear it several times a day. I don't care for it, and it's starting to get on my nerves, because that’s not a knife not Gloria. This is a knife Sparta Gloria!

(Oddly I was unable to find the Jimi Hendrix version)

Edited by StrandedonEarth
Flavour text