So what song is stuck in your head today?

SmileyTRex

I enjoy all genres of music - but when it comes to classical, I'm fairly picky. I am not fond of Aaron Copland's music, but this one - "Fanfare of the Common Man" is the only one of his I really enjoy. And with the day I had, it's nice to listen to as I drink my cup of Earl Grey.

16 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

For all the old folk like me... (just kidding)... :D
This just came up on my YouTube... Jimi Hendrix On An Acoustic Guitar.. . wow

Ive been listening to Brass band covers of 80's music, and one Axel F cover is bouncing around the cage that one calls my head. Also, whats up with 1.5 Emiko saga??

@Just Jim: I read this morning he hated that role!

Here's the summary from Fox News:

Christopher Plummer, the legendary actor best known for his roles in “Sound of Music” and “All the Money in the World,” has died. He was 91.

Plummer passed away peacefully at his home in Connecticut alongside his wife, Elaine Taylor, his family confirmed. His manager, Lou Pitt, also confirmed his death in a statement shared with Fox News on Friday.

“Chris was an extraordinary man who deeply loved and respected his profession with great old fashion manners, self deprecating humor and the music of words. He was a National Treasure who deeply relished his Canadian roots,” Pitt said. 

“Through his art and humanity, he touched all of our hearts and his legendary life will endure for all generations to come. He will forever be with us.”

Plummer spent over 50 years in the entertainment industry, both onstage and onscreen. His most recognized role was perhaps playing the dashing Captain Von Trapp in Robert Wise’s “The Sound of Music” opposite Julie Andrews.

Andrews-and-Plummer-768x432.jpg

The role saw him as an Austrian captain who must flee the country with his folk-singing family to escape service in the Nazi navy, a role he lamented was “humorless and one-dimensional.” Plummer spent the rest of his life referring to the film as “The Sound of Mucus” or “S&M.”

“We tried so hard to put humor into it,” he told The Associated Press in 2007. “It was almost impossible. It was just agony to try to make that guy not a cardboard figure.”