So what song is stuck in your head today?

SmileyTRex

4 hours ago, VoidSquid said:

This thread is a real treasure.

Frankly, one of the best I ever had read on this (or any other) Forum.

Sometimes I like to go back to the first pages and check what's still online - as you said, real treasures.

5 hours ago, VoidSquid said:

This thread is a real treasure.

43 minutes ago, Lisias said:

Frankly, one of the best I ever had read on this (or any other) Forum.

Sometimes I like to go back to the first pages and check what's still online - as you said, real treasures.

Agreed, and I have found bands previously unknown or little known by me that I now listen to all the time from this thread.

17 hours ago, Lisias said:

At least this forum existed after YouTube so finding and sharing stuff has been easier than when you have to upload it and the forum have to host it themselves... Then again YouTube is somewhat more perennial than self-hosting in many cases.

On 2/13/2021 at 9:48 PM, Samrich said:

With me today is the group A-ha with the hit Take on me, the mood is very uplifting.

It makes more sense if you sing it one syllable late...

Edited by YNM

A guy on another forum posted this and the nostalgia blew me away. I would have given up a lot to go to this in 1982, but you probably should be at least old enough to drive before you start going to wild music festivals.

OgfszO8l.jpg

I'm not sure what's more amazing: The number of folks on that list who aren't with us anymore, or the number who are. But I think the one I miss the most is Tom Petty. 

On 4/27/2017 at 2:04 AM, SmileyTRex said:

Every so often "Ain't No Rest For the Wicked" gets stuck in my brain. Today's one of those days. :-P

Started watching “Lucifer” (THE Lucifer decides to join us mortals on our plane of existence) and this song was the title track for episode one. Very appropriate; a slick-looking devilish guy driving around at night in a black 57 Vette  bopping to this tune....

So now it’s stuck in my head again...

This song has popped up in my Pandora stream and on my SiriusXM channels for "classic rewind" and the '80s channel for the past few days. Last night, as I was listening to a randomly generated YouTube playlist played both the radio cut and the extended cut within a couple of hours of each other. Now the song is turning circles running 'round my brain... :confused:

19 hours ago, StrandedonEarth said:

So now it’s stuck in my head again...

That song was stuck in my head quite a lot years ago when I got into Borderlands.  I don't think I'd heard it before playing the game, and it's the song for the opening credits.

Right now, though, it's this.  I seem to just be cycling through Metric songs for current earworm.  Not only is the song stuck in my head, but the video's pretty neat.  I think it was actually done uncut.

1 hour ago, PigeonThePilot said:

The song Erika (Auf der heide bluht ein kleines blumelein) sung by the Wehrmacht in 1940's. I've seen the lyrics and it actually sounds quite nice I guess. 

I dont support Fascists by the way

Soldiers sing many songs and it's unfortunate (but understandable) some get attached to rather unpleasant politics.

Some even get appropriated.  For example, "Horst-Wessel-Lied", the pedant Party Anthem, took its melody from an Imperial German Navy song of World War 1, so good luck singing the original without being linked to its odious descendant.

And much like military uniforms, they get inherited across nations, because, like "Erika", they speak to the common experience of the life of the soldier.   Lale Anderson's recording of "Lili Marleen" was broadcasted by the Wehrmacht-controlled Radio Belgrade and was appreciated by all in arms on all sides who heard it.