So what song is stuck in your head today?

SmileyTRex

I figured that this would be a good place to pass on a trick I figured out that will get any song out of your head except one.  No matter what song you have stuck in your head, if you hum the melody of The Girl From Ipanema for 42 seconds or more it will completely stop the tune that was stuck in your head.  Make sure you get the syncopation right. This is crucial. 

This will not remove The Girl From Ipanema from your head. Everything has a cost

Edited by darthgently

Not strictly stuck in my head, but Roll With The Changes from Reo Speedwagon has become a recent favorite of mine after seeing it being used in the shuttle scene towards the end of Season 2 of For All Mankind. I now think it should be the un/official rock anthem for alternate timelines relating to the shuttle and shuttle programs.

Of course, I picked the perfect time to be interested in Russian songs and culture, with everything that's happening in the world now (you know). It's a good song, though, seriously. 

It's been stuck in my head for days! I'm not complaining though. I like it a lot! That's why it's stuck there.

Edited by Ben J. Kerman

we all know these people at work that pretend to be your friend but are secretly talking to the boss behind your back! Thing is...... boss tells me everything lol. Dont be this guy smh! This song went through my head as the co-worker is talking to me 

Edited by Redneck

Ok, so, im doing a flight from anchorage alaska to lax. I was mid taxi from my gate to my assigned runway for take off when out of nowhere:

Just hit me like a ton of bricks. In my head “i played with your heart” came up as I was holding short for an a380 landing… so now ive a (0627z atm with a predicted 1110z arrival) near 5 hour flight with britney stuck in my head lol

3 minutes ago, StrandedonEarth said:

That's the only version of that song that I know...

It's the first thing that came to mind when I saw the news headline tonight.
https://www.cnn.com/2022/09/28/entertainment/coolio-obit/index.html

Aside from that, Weird Al parodies were the first version of many songs I heard.  The man can perform so many different styles in impressive ways, and he's known for doing "funny songs".

2 hours ago, razark said:

It's the first thing that came to mind when I saw the news headline tonight.
https://www.cnn.com/2022/09/28/entertainment/coolio-obit/index.html

Aside from that, Weird Al parodies were the first version of many songs I heard.  The man can perform so many different styles in impressive ways, and he's known for doing "funny songs".

One of my high school friends on Facebook went to see Weird Al in concert in San Diego a couple of nights ago and said it was the worst concert they had been to in years. I don't think I can be friends with them anymore.