So what song is stuck in your head today?

SmileyTRex

Some say the song never ends...

It hasn't for me... not yet, anyway.

I just can't get this song out of my head. Not like I want to, though...

If you find yourself with half an hour to burn (it's only 23 minutes or so), sit back, relax, and listen to Echoes.

I have the song "Laid" by James in my head. If you know it, you'll know why I'm not linking to the lyrics or a video of it.

:D

(If you're curious, I've been watching the Netflix show "Love" and it plays during an important plot point. I'm not sure I could recommend the show but it is good in a chill kind of way)

LOL... more snow last night. It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas. :wink:

No. I won't post that one. I'll spare you.

Instead, a sample of Johann Caspar Kerll, Passacaglia in D Minor. This guy is believed to have taught Pachelbel and Bach and Handel! Ya learn something new every day - I did, after a little research. Enjoy.

Edited by LordFerret

@Just Jim
An old favorite, right from the git-go. Friends put together a Fleetwood Mac tribute band (really superb, better than just about anything else you'll find out there {YouTube}, yours truly was acting stage manager for the gigs), and there was always talk about a shift to a Heart tribute band instead. Can't tell you how sorry I am they didn't. Long sad story.

Anyway.....

I mentioned earlier (in here?) about the Philadelphia Orchestra soon to do Handel's Messiah. Lo and behold, I just finished listening to Part 1 on SXM Live, and Part 2 has just now this moment started.

There's an interesting backstory to the Messiah, but I'll leave it up to you to go do the homework.

Not my kind of music, but it played a lot on the radio when I worked in a storehouse like 20 years ago. Kid woke us up at 3 o'clock in the morning by going to the bathroom, had trouble falling asleep afterwards, and it popped into my head after the alarm sounded at 5:45. Just that kind of day.

Here lately, I've been more introspective than normal. Maybe it's that 50th birthday beginning to appear on the horizon. Perhaps it's the breakneck speed that I'm seeing a cultural shift happening. But for whatever the reason, I've been listening to a lot of older country music.

Anyhow, I think I've found a song that describes my life thus far: