So what song is stuck in your head today?

SmileyTRex

1 hour ago, Just Jim said:

It was a huge "underground" classic, so quite possibly.

Just Jim,

But my parents were pretty far from "underground", yet I remember it very clearly. I wonder if it was used in an old Electric Company or Sesame Street short. I distinctly remember hearing it. I can even picture the room I was in at the time.

Best,
-Slashy

1 minute ago, GoSlash27 said:

Just Jim,

But my parents were pretty far from "underground", yet I remember it very clearly. I wonder if it was used in an old Electric Company or Sesame Street short. I distinctly remember hearing it. I can even picture the room I was in at the time.

Best,
-Slashy

And if you're like me... it will drive you insane until you figure it out... :confused:

Yup... :(

On the subject of CSN, I always wondered why "Southern Cross" was never on their Best Of albums. Same with Black Cow/ Steely Dan, Peace Frog/ The Doors, and Stone in Love/ Journey.

These were popular, even iconic songs... but apparently not enough to make the greatest hits anthologies :/

42 minutes ago, GoSlash27 said:

Just Jim,

Best,
-Slashy

Well, again, it was considered very influential at the time, so most likely it was being re-broadcast on the radio or something.

Again, I first heard it around 1969... long story real short, my dad had left a few years earlier, my mom was single, raising me, and my younger brother and sister... and most important to this conversation... was a volunteer church counselor for a bunch of older teenagers at the time...

Again... this is 1969.

The very first music I remember clearly had no lyrics, and the other thing I remember was a picture of a road, and a panel truck with a bunch of instruments all laid out... and someone standing in the middle... and this wonderful, strange, weird music like on a sci-fi movie... only weirder... and all the older teens were listening to it, over an over...

Nearly 20 years later I was stunned when a friend handed me this...

s2gcXP9.jpg

This is the back cover of Pink Floyd's Ummagumma... that same weird album from way back when... and first thing I ever remember hearing... ever... probably explains a lot... hehehe.

And another of these, which I didn't re-discover for another few years, was that Love album, which I came across in a record store (remember those???) in the collectors section. And instead of buying half a dozen other records, i spent all i had on that one instead... and never regretted it once.

Edited by Just Jim

1 hour ago, adsii1970 said:

It is... It is track number 6

2005... A CSN &Y album I don't have in my collection.  It does appear in the '91 Anthology, but that's a 4 CD set. Track 3 of disc 4. It was a more popular song than that...

Best,
-Slashy

Edited by GoSlash27

This is really, really early Pink Floyd... years before Dark Side of the Moon... and what I first grew up on

Let's jump to my favorite... a cheerful little number entitled:

Careful with that Ax, Eugene... 

:0.0:

Edited by Just Jim

5 minutes ago, GoSlash27 said:

2005... A CSN &Y album I don't have in my collection.  It does appear in the '91 Anthology, but that's a 4 CD set.

Best,
-Slashy

This is probably one of the better "greatest hits" CDs that CSN put out. I've had to replace it twice, once because of an ex-wife and the other, because my 7 year old loves them, too.

:) Glad I could enlighten you.

2 minutes ago, GoSlash27 said:

So on today's list of "obscure tracks that weren't really obscure".... I give you 'Industrial Disease' from Dire Straits. 1982, Vertigo Records.

It actually popped up in my Pandora playlist about an hour ago. Another CD I now have to buy...

1 hour ago, adsii1970 said:

It actually popped up in my Pandora playlist about an hour ago. Another CD I now have to buy...

Love over Gold... IMO the best Dire Straits album of them all. *Strongly* recommended! Telegraph Road is a Magnum Opus for the ages.

Best,
-Slashy

1 minute ago, GoSlash27 said:

Love over Gold... IMO the best Dire Straits album of them all. *Strongly* recommended! Telegraph Road is a Magnum Opus for the ages.

Best,
-Slashy

I absolutely love the CD, Brothers in Arms and is the only Dire Straits I own. But that is about to change...

9 hours ago, adsii1970 said:

I absolutely love the CD, Brothers in Arms and is the only Dire Straits I own. But that is about to change...

Making Movies is an excellent album to get IMHO. Not a single dud song on it.

22 hours ago, Just Jim said:

Careful with that Ax, Eugene... 

AAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

21 hours ago, GoSlash27 said:

I give you 'Industrial Disease'

Come back and see me later - next patient please
Send in another victim of Industrial Disease

The first song I remember hearing my parents put in the 8-track back when I was 4 or so was....

Later, when I was 12, my dad bought me my first Walkman, he also bought me this tape, and I remember being totally blown away by the effect of wearing stereo headphones and being basically submerged in the music. it was awesome! But this is the first time I watched the video, and uh, psychedelic much?

8 hours ago, Lo Var Lachland said:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

CURSES UPON YOU, YOU VILE HUMAN BEING!!!

A hip, hop, a hip hop hap, I’m giving you all a bag of plums the Michael Rosen rap-ap-ap-ap-ap-p-p-p-p...

YESSH! An eckselint sowng!

Edited by MiffedStarfish