So what song is stuck in your head today?

SmileyTRex

On 12/26/2020 at 1:59 PM, Lisias said:

Didn't knew (or had forgotten) this one - and I'm a fan of the Trans Siberian Orchestra for almost 10 years! :D

(yeah, I need to listen the whole discography again...)

The wife & I saw this live a few years back, best show we’ve ever been to, right down to the bubble-snow falling down on the crowd. :cool: In less... this years, we usually re-learn it and jam together, real simple song to play. 

But for me, this, after I learned its (partially) based on a Christmas carol... :o  Now I can’t not hear it. 

And now neither can you. :confused:

When I come to this thread, I am encouraged for one main reason... I often hear from coworkers, family, and friends that my musical tastes are out of date. But with posts like the ones by @CatastrophicFailure, I know that there are many more out there who enjoy good music from every era.

For some reason, since the week before Christmas, I felt the need to turn back to music I've not listened to in a while - Ella Fitzgerald, Louie Armstrong, Duke Ellington, and of course, Frank Sinatra. And this is what's playing in my head (and has been for about three days now)...

On 12/28/2020 at 2:17 AM, CatastrophicFailure said:

And now neither can you. :confused:

I hate you so much right now... lol...
(just kidding)

So Ms Miley is at it again... I swear the girl is seriously trying to get on my good side... and I think it's maybe starting to work

Edited by Just Jim

The radio just came up with a blast from the past that I hadn't heard in ages, probably decades. I'm kinda surprised it didn't generate more staying power as a classic rock anthem, but then I remember it was a Canadian one-hit-wonder, so that probably explains it. It must have got lost in the hair-band explosion of the day (Twisted Sister, Quiet Riot, Motley Crue. Van Halen, and the like)

Edited by StrandedonEarth

On 10/28/2020 at 10:06 AM, StrandedonEarth said:

One of the most “Aw cmon, seriously???!!??”” moments in my life. Steppenwolf played at Breakers in Pt Roberts, Washington state a mere week before my twenty first birthday. Being that the drinking age there is 21 and Breakers is (or was) a nightclub, I couldn’t go (or at least, I wouldn’t have gotten in) :mad:

i once had and turned down an opportunity to see gwar. i really regretted not getting to go, opting instead to study for some college exam in some server os that the industry has long since retired and which never served a useful purpose once in my life. i think they are still around but without oderus's stage presence, whats the point of seeing it live? new guy has a great metal voice but i dont think he delivers a fraction of the same showmanship. not posting a video because im pretty sure the cuttlefish of cthulu would violate forum rules.  i should have played hookey like i did when i went to go see that other band which i no longer like during linux class. i believe it was tool or something idk.  and that's why i dont know how to use grep.

Edited by Nuke