So what song is stuck in your head today?

SmileyTRex

Thanks, guys. Found an old hard rock disc on the shelf. Not exactly Finnish.

Posting just the first link i found on youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deOUW_HSXRw

Ok, got rid of Beethoven for a while. But it won't last long ...

(Feeling 40 years younger)

Edited by Green Baron

On 10/8/2017 at 4:22 PM, DarkOwl57 said:

- snip -

*Inner Soviet intensifies*

- snip -

Funny... I wanted to hear Valeria sing just for the heck of it, and I no sooner hit play and m'lady is sitting there singing it as well.

18 hours ago, adsii1970 said:

- snip - just want to thank both of you... :blush:

Oh you're welcome! Any time! :wink:

Nibble on this for a while...

Careful... Imma start pulling out The Tubes.

10 hours ago, RoadRunnerAerospace said:

Help

I need somebody.

Help

Not just anybody.

Help

You know I need someone.

Help

Just now, NSEP said:

Yeah, so fantastic in fact, this is the only thing i have been listening to for almost a week now.

After the track had ended, my mind started playing this one. I've had such sessions as well, playing 4 tracks from this album for days in a row.

1 minute ago, Azimech said:

After the track had ended, my mind started playing this one. I've had such sessions as well, playing 4 tracks from this album for days in a row.

3 minutes ago, NSEP said:

Yeah, so fantastic in fact, this is the only thing i have been listening to for almost a week now.

Binge listening will do that to you. The other day, I put my Sirus XM radio on the synthpop channel. Found out my daughter (who is 7), loves synth pop. On Thursday of last week, while lecturing about the Italian Renaissance, this song came to mind...  and yes, it was hard to remain focused!

5 minutes ago, RoadRunnerAerospace said:

confused.... Very confused

Here... let me enlighten you...

2 minutes ago, razark said:

Just a small, rather unknown band that enjoyed a brief bit of popularity during the British Invasion period.

Those young whipper-snappers have no idea... :P

2 minutes ago, razark said:

That's one I hadn't heard.

I hadn't either until graduate school. One of my classmates was doing some research on her thesis on the State Department arts endowments of the 1960s. Her research was focused on trying to provide balance domestically to the Soviet agitation-propaganda (propaganda geared at generating social unrest in the United States). And in the items sent to her under the FOIA, were several documents that indicated that a lot of the Monkees, including the television show, was paid for by our own State Department and CIA. The other goofy thing was the timing - 1966... and there's a reason why...

3 hours ago, adsii1970 said:

I hadn't either until graduate school. One of my classmates was doing some research on her thesis on the State Department arts endowments of the 1960s. Her research was focused on trying to provide balance domestically to the Soviet agitation-propaganda (propaganda geared at generating social unrest in the United States). And in the items sent to her under the FOIA, were several documents that indicated that a lot of the Monkees, including the television show, was paid for by our own State Department and CIA. The other goofy thing was the timing - 1966... and there's a reason why...

I'd heard mention of that a good while back, but I don't remember where or by whom. I'd totally forgotten that until you mentioned it. Fill me in!

So, let's continue this sillyness trend with Sid and Marty Krofft's nightmare...

...the stupidist tv show Hanna-Barbera ever managed to come up with.

1 hour ago, LordFerret said:

I'd heard mention of that a good while back, but I don't remember where or by whom. I'd totally forgotten that until you mentioned it. Fill me in!

So, let's continue this sillyness trend with Sid and Marty Krofft's nightmare...

...the stupidist tv show Hanna-Barbera ever managed to come up with.

I'm not sure about that... I always thought these two were contenders for the Sid and Marty Krofft's nightmare...

Spoiler

and if that wasn't bad enough...

Spoiler

28 minutes ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

Great unholy flarp it just goes on and on and on! :confused:

You ain't seen nuthen yet...