So what song is stuck in your head today?

SmileyTRex

2 hours ago, Earthlinger said:

Hamilton....

Am I the only one here who listens to it? :D

My daughter loves it (its pretty good). We wanted to take the kids when we were in San Francisco over the summer, but they want the tickets scalped at insane prices (preventing a resale market would in fact be trivial since literally everyone attending has a smart phone, so tickets could be non-transferable except via the actual box office).

Wanted to take the kids, didn’t feel like spending over $2500 for the privilege.

Grrr.

Oy. Y’all are like, “Eagles...” “Hamilton...” “Arrangement for Lute...”

...and here I am with this unholy union of the Devil Went Down to Georgia and an accordion jammed in my brain.

Then imagine my suffering surprise when I googled and found out it actually exists! :confused:

like... a lot!

Won’t post the vid here because Language!, but search “the devil went down to Texas” on YouTube. Or better yet, don’t. Save yourself.  

hmmm... I wonder...

Fire on the mountain, run boys run,

Kraken’s in the house of the rising sun...

On 12/21/2017 at 7:28 PM, Just Jim said:

Wait... I can't post this one, it's a little too violent I think...

<snipped>

sorry...  

Dangit. Now I’m curious. :mad: GWAR medley, maybe?

On 12/21/2017 at 4:52 PM, Earthlinger said:

Hamilton....

Am I the only one here who listens to it? :D

My younger sister listens to a large number of musical soundtracks a lot, which started like last year or so with Hamilton or Les Miserables. Unfortunately, she is not a player of KSP even though I have tried to induct her multiple times.

I do not though.

So there is a story behind this song. While during the research portion of my dissertation, this song seemed to fit that phase of life. Having attended Southern Illinois University, my research took me up and down the east coast. In three months, I racked up nearly 4,000 miles (6438 Km, roughly) on my Nissan Sentra... Hadn't thought about this song until it popped up on one of the channels on my Sirrus/XM...

Mitzi Meyerson playing some John Jones (1728–1796)... marvelous works.

Spoiler

"Another English musician extinguished by Handel’s shadow (and not to be confused with his coeval Richard Jones ...), Jones was organist for three major London churches (all at the same time) for almost 50 years. Many of his most famous colleagues subscribed to the publication of these Lessons in 1754 which not only have their Handelian moments but also traces of Domenico Scarlatti, CPE Bach and Jacques Duphly. Jones plainly was widely-“read” and was fresh and innovative, expressing the whole range of emotions in these harpsichord pieces." - https://www.recordsinternational.com/cd.php?cd=06R026

I had to go out a couple times yesterday, and I heard this same song 3 times on different radio stations... three!!!

Needless to say, it stuck all day, and it's still up there... I may have to name my next chapter after this, just to make it go away... lol... :confused:

Edited: I really hate when this happens. The first link I posted, the recording was missing the first 6 Sonatas. Sorry, but still nice. Go with the 2nd link below it.

Paganini; Not just violin.

https://youtu.be/JVbA70FCpgA

My Giannini up in the attic is feeling very lonely and dejected right now.

Edited by LordFerret