So what song is stuck in your head today?

SmileyTRex

43 minutes ago, GoSlash27 said:

The funky "brass in mainstream rock" period. What an awesome time for music!
 Even Sonny & Cher were rocking back then...

*EDIT* And now that I've said it, it's stuck in my head :D

Oh yeah... I couldn't agree more!!! 

But one of those bands listed on that Hit Singles album cover just jumped out at me real bad... I haven't heard this one in years... but it immediately jumped into my head when I saw it!  :cool:

Edited by Just Jim

1 hour ago, Just Jim said:

Metallica

My buddy made me a tape with Master of Puppets on one side and Kill'em All on the other. What stuck out for me was "Anesthesia: Pulling teeth" (aka "Bass Solo, Take One). Although the whole tape got me hooked, and I certainly remember Orion and Call of Ctulu.

17lxn41c9w301.jpg

1 hour ago, GoSlash27 said:

Stuck in the way- back machine now.

Damn you, Sir! :D

-Slashy

Awesome song... from way before Guardians... lmao...

But that one only reminded me of this one for some reason... and then I'm done for tonight... lol...

@Just Jim and @GoSlash27:

Speaking of that "big sound" we like, I am surprised no one mentioned the masters of the mid 1980s!

On 3/21/2018 at 7:16 PM, GoSlash27 said:

Stuck in the way- back machine now.

Damn you, Sir! :D

-Slashy

Good song... one of my favorites... and now it is stuck in my head!

Edited by adsii1970

12 minutes ago, GoSlash27 said:

I've got a treat for you:

This was Stevie Nicks and Lindsay Buckingham from *before* they joined Fleetwood Mac and created it's signature sound. My favorite track on the album and seriously obscure.

Best,
-Slashy

Obscure??? Please!!!  hehehe I used to own that album... :cool:

I don't know why, but it reminded me of this... a lesser known gem from about the same time...

Just Jim,

If you owned that album, you're definitely one of the lucky few! Copies of that album are worth serious loot today.
 Back when I was a teenager, I had copies of both Madhouse 8 and 16 on 33 1/3 vinyl. Loved them both and played them to death. I had no idea they'd be so valuable today...

Best,
-Slashy

8 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

Obscure??? Please!!!  hehehe I used to own that album... :cool:

I found a digital download of it on Amazon.... :D I've had it for about a year.

13 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

I don't know why, but it reminded me of this... a lesser known gem from about the same time...

Never heard of it...

14 minutes ago, GoSlash27 said:

Just Jim,

If you owned that album, you're definitely one of the lucky few! Copies of that album are worth serious loot today.
 Back when I was a teenager, I had copies of both Madhouse 8 and 16 on 33 1/3 vinyl. Loved them both and played them to death. I had no idea they'd be so valuable today...

Best,
-Slashy

Oh, man... I had so many that would be worth a small fortune... including an almost mint copy of Love: Forever changes... do you remember this??? 

Now this is obscure, but I first heard it not long after it came out... I was maybe 7... which is a long story in itself...

Edited by Just Jim

Just Jim,

Okay, that's just weird.

I know that I've never owned this album, or heard of the band, album or title.

But hearing the song instantly transported me back to when I was a toddler. I'm certain I've heard it before, and I remember being very tiny when I heard it. Maybe it got played on a PBS show?

I was born in '71 if that helps...

Best,
-Slashy

Edited by GoSlash27

1 minute ago, GoSlash27 said:

Just Jim,

Okay, that's just weird.

I know that I've never owned this album, or heard of the band, album or title.

But hearing the song instantly transported me back to when I was a toddler. I'm certain I've heard it before, and I remember being very tiny when I heard it. Maybe it got played on a PBS show?

Best,
-Slashy

It was a huge "underground" classic, so quite possibly. I remember once hearing Jimmy Page get asked in an interview who his favorite bands were, and the first one he said was: Love.  But I also remember reading somewhere Arthur Lee hated the music "industry" so much they never recorded more than two albums... sort of like Syd Barrett... but without all the crazy... :confused:

2 minutes ago, GoSlash27 said:

*groan*

Now I've got Cartman stuck in my head :(

Opps... sorry... I forgot about that!  lmao

7 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

Early Styx... do you remember this one? 

Hehehe... a song about a good old-fashioned alien abduction! Yup, remember it well!

Ok, I am a huge CSN fan. While Crosby and Nash were in drug rehab for like the millionth time, Steven Stills released a solo album. This song was never on the top ten, but it was such a great Cold War era song - all in the "vision" of Dr. Strangelove... :sticktongue: