The Start of a Series?

AWESOMEPIEMAN

Howdy everyone! I figured I'd make a quick post to talk about some new, fun, sci-fi KSP stuff I've been working on. I've adding a lot of different mods and editing a lot of .cfg files to create one of the closest things I can get to a sci-fi/futuristic version of KSP. Keep in mind I'm not talking about futuristic as in what we will see in a hundred or so years, I'm talking about stuff straight out of games like Halo, Titanfall, and Star Citizen. Super efficient engines, FTL capability, giant flying boxes that can somehow fly inside the atmosphere. You know what I'm talking about, and if you're anything like me then you absolutely love all that fake, fun, nerdy, sci-fi stuff.

Anyways... I was thinking about the possibility of doing a sort of series out of it all and posting stories relatively regularly here. It would force me to become a little more active here on the forums and make me play a little more KSP than I do currently(both things which I should really be doing). I have no idea where I'm going to go with this or if I will even keep up with it, but I figured I'd make this post just to let the community know about this and hopefully get some feedback. Feel free to ask any questions you have and please, please, please don't hesitate to give me suggestions for literally anything! I'd love to know what you think! I'll post some pictures below of different spacecraft I've developed for it just for a reference for the kind of stuff I could be posting. 

Here are some RRODD (Rapid Response Orbital Deployment Defense) troopers dropping from orbit. They're basically ODSTs from Halo, but I didn't want to steal the name.

Here is an S23 Pelican flying away from an old colony ship.

Here we have a Black Tip-Class Littoral Combat Ship preparing to warp out of Eeloo orbit.

And here is a Constellation Andromeda-class Guided Missile Destroyer flying into LKO. It has a crew capacity of about 300, is approximately 120 meters long, and weighs a whole heck of a lot.

Here it is preparing to warp out of the Kerbin System.

Here we have a Retribution-class Orbital Battleship warping to the nearby star Plapau (I use the mod "To Boldly Go" which allows you to create relatively customizable star and planetary systems. Check it out if you haven't already because it's really cool.)

Here we see an S23 Pelican inspecting a derelict Draco-class carrier scheduled for decomissioning in LKO. Draco-class carriers are just shy of 600 meters in length (I forget the exact weight of it, but I believe it is in the millions of tons).

This large fighter aircraft is the ADF-101 Falcon. It is a dual-purpose space/air fighter (hence the wings). So far all of my spacecraft are capable of atmospheric flight (including the capital ships). Only the smaller spacecraft are capable of landing. I plan on making some very small one person and drone controlled, carrier based spacecraft that are meant purely for space combat. This will allow me to make them super small and sleek.

Here is the Warlock X5. It fills a similar role to the ADF-101, but is intended primarily for space combat. Hence why it is a little sleeker and has less wing to it. It performs fine in atmosphere though, however the way the control surfaces are mounted it doesn't have a large amount of yaw control.

That's about it for right now. I have a few more spacecraft not pictured here and plenty more under construction. Sorry for this not being quite as short of a post as I had hoped it to be. I got a little ahead of myself. :P  

Yet again, let me know if you have any suggestions for anything at all and of course let me know what your thoughts are on this whole idea. I do appreciate any feedback (critical or not) from you guys and look forward to what this might become. At the very least I have a pretty awesome version of KSP to mess around with.

Cheers,

Taylor

Be advised I will hopefully be releasing the first post for this by the end of Monday if at all possible. I have a lot of back story and pictures to take before I'll be fully satisfied that I am ready to release it. Not sure how busy I'll be this weekend with school, but only time will tell. Rest assured it will be out soon:P

Cheers,

Taylor

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.