Habits

TopHeavy11

What are your KSP habits? I notice that I have a habit of packing WAY more DV than I needed for the mission at hand. Take for instance my Mun orbiter. I completed the contract, and my transfer stage was half-full, so I did what was obviously the right thing to do at that point...accepted a specific Minmus orbit contract and planned what might have been the least efficient burn I could've planned. I got there...and I had only used half of my probes on-board fuel supply. Oh boy.

20 minutes ago, TopHeavy11 said:

I notice that I have a habit of packing WAY more DV than I needed for the mission at hand.

I hadn't really thought about it, but this is one of mine as well. In fact, I don't use MechJeb or any of the mods that give you the dV for a ship. I probably should, but I don't. In many ways I treat my Emiko characters like Minions. They're incredibly bright and clever, but have no time for all that math stuff... It's much quicker just slapping a really big booster onto a ship and hoping for the best... 

1 minute ago, Just Jim said:

I hadn't really thought about it, but this is one of mine as well. In fact, I don't use MechJeb or any of the mods that give you the dV for a ship. I probably should, but I don't. In many ways I treat my Emiko characters like Minions. They're incredibly bright and clever, but have no time for all that math stuff... It's much quicker just slapping a really big booster onto a ship and hoping for the best... 

I do actually have Kerbal Engineer installed. My Mun mission has...oh geez...7000+ dV.

Not only are all my craft grossly overpowered, (just remember Tim "the Tool man" Taylor" and "it just needs mooore power, ugh, ugh ugh!"), but there is usually some sort of emergency Kerbal extraction contraption so Kerbals aren't normally killed...

In Real Solar System, I launch virtually everything to match the Moon's inclination, even if I'm not planning on it going to the Moon. It's just easier to be using the same orbital plane on everything.

I rarely bother to aim for the KSC, in either stock or RSS. Down is down, that's my attitude.

2 hours ago, adsii1970 said:

Not only are all my craft grossly overpowered, (just remember Tim "the Tool man" Taylor" and "it just needs mooore power, ugh, ugh ugh!"), but there is usually some sort of emergency Kerbal extraction contraption so Kerbals aren't normally killed...

This post wins for use of the phrase "Kerbal extraction contraption".  :D

I always tend to plan were i want to go after i launch and built the craft. Maybe not always, but most at the time i do. Once i desinged a Minmus lander but i landed it at Duna.

22 hours ago, LoSBoL said:

Make myself a nice big cup of coffee, boot up KSP and end up with cold coffee...

(and I like my coffee...)

Same here... now i am on the way to become icecoffee my prime game drink...

Funny Kabooms 

Urses 

21 hours ago, TheKosanianMethod said:

Whenever I use the Panther engine, I run around on full afterburner, even if I don't need it. If I wanted fuel economy,  I wouldn't use the Panther.

Panther's have a non afterburner mode? Oo:D

22 hours ago, Urses said:

Same here... now i am on the way to become icecoffee my prime game drink...

Funny Kabooms 

Urses 

Panther's have a non afterburner mode? Oo:D

You should start making coffee AFTER double clicking KSP icon... 

1 hour ago, juvilado said:

You should start making coffee AFTER double clicking KSP icon... 

no chance^^ BC the KSP is as shortcut in tollbar and if click there, than is no time to get coffee:D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.