[1.3] Community Localization Project (v0.6) - Translators needed

Olympic1

8ozZakl.png

TO ANYONE THAT IS WILLING TO TRANSLATE TO HIS/HER NATIVE LANGUAGE:

Go to this spreadsheet (yes, a spreadsheet) and begin translating into your language.

Download:

Plugin:

Download | GitHub

Languages:

At the moment I haven't released any supported languages as I'm just translating on my own. But the plugin is available for download.

Planned languages:

• Français
  • Deutsch
  • Nederlands
  • Italiano
  • Polski

Credits:

Plugin:

French translation:

German translation:

• none

Dutch translation:

Italian translation:

• none

Polish translation:

• none

License:

Plugin:
SwitchLanguage is licensed under the MIT license.
See https://opensource.org/licenses/MIT for full details.

Language files:
The language files are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
See http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/ for full details.

Edited by Olympic1
More translators

4 minutes ago, Gordon Fecyk said:

What happens with the spreadsheet? If I want to contribute a language, do I send you a copy of the workbook with a new sheet attached and a language code to insert into settings.cfg?

You can just type the translation into the online sheet and it gets saved when you press ENTER. That way everyone can contribute without down- or uploading.

• 2 weeks later...
54 minutes ago, Errol said:

I can contribute some french translation, I have requested permission for access to the spreadsheet.

You should had access to edit the spreadsheet, but re-shared to be sure

We prepare the french patch

We have already made a translation into our language how to integrate our page to the spreadsheet san all rewrite

Edited by yrou

19 hours ago, yrou said:

We have already made a translation into our language how to integrate our page to the spreadsheet san all rewrite

@Olympic1 do you know if there is a way to integrate the work already done in french for LanguagePatches ?

Time permitting, I might also add some french translations...

Edited by valens

22 hours ago, yrou said:

If you want you can also add the changes directly to the github if you find that easier otherwise you can just add them to the spreadsheet.

3 hours ago, valens said:

@Olympic1 do you know if there is a way to integrate the work already done in french for LanguagePatches ?

Time permitting, I might also add some french translations...

Not really, you'll have to convert all the strings to the format KSP uses in its dictionary.

My French is a bit rusty, but I'll try to do some translation on the spreadsheet too. Every help is appreciated.

Edited by Olympic1

Hello everyone I am addressing to French
If you have problems do not you know how to translate certain line as
<Color = # FDD901FF> <b> Warning: </ b> Restarting KSP is required to apply all the above UI Scale setting. </ Color>
MP me with the line I will explain how and what to translate

Bonjour à tous je m’adresse au français 
Si vous avez des problèmes ne vous savez pas comment traduire certaine ligne comme 
<color=#FDD901FF><b>Warning:</b> Restarting KSP is required to apply all the effects of the above UI Scale setting.</color>
MP moi avec la ligne je vous expliquerai comment et quoi traduire

bonjour svp ne modifier pas les nom des 4 personnage principal merci 

Jebediah Kerman Jebediah Kerman
Bill Kerman Guillaume Kerman
Bob Kerman Robert Kerman
Valentina Kerman Valentine Kerman

Hi, I am French so I can translate !

Some questions for the French!

Do you think he can translate everything? For example, "TGT" means target is target and thus "CIB" ... other abbreviation "Vel" for velocity is "Vit" for speed?

When do you think ?

Quelques questions pour les français ! 

Pensez vous qu'il fasse tout traduire ? par exemple, "TGT" signifie target soit cible et donc "CIB"... autres abbréviation "Vel" pour vélocity soit "Vit" pour vitesse ? 

Quand pensez vous ? 

Edited by rem0230

On 4/28/2017 at 2:44 PM, Olympic1 said:

At the moment I haven't released any supported languages as I'm just translating on my own. But the plugin is available for download.

A question: what is the function of the plugin?

I am wondering because there is no plugin required to make this work... all you need is to add the strings in the same format as the GameData/Squad/Localization/dictionary.cfg with the correct language code (eg. nl-nl), and change the language string in buildID.txt/buildID64.txt. The game will automatically use the strings of that language code at the next restart.

Tip for everyone helping with this: that is also how you can test your work, even if it is incomplete, without having to wait for game or plugin updates.

I see there is quite a bit of progress already in several of the languages. Good work, from everyone.

27 minutes ago, swjr-swis said:

A question: what is the function of the plugin?

I am wondering because there is no plugin required to make this work... all you need is to add the strings in the same format as the GameData/Squad/Localization/dictionary.cfg with the correct language code (eg. nl-nl), and change the language string in buildID.txt/buildID64.txt. The game will automatically use the strings of that language code at the next restart.

Tip for everyone helping with this: that is also how you can test your work, even if it is incomplete, without having to wait for game or plugin updates.

I see there is quite a bit of progress already in several of the languages. Good work, from everyone.

I'm aware that you can just change the language in the buildID, but the plugin is for the people who don't want to mess with the buildID and also to support changing fonts and textures (internals) in the future.

7 hours ago, swjr-swis said:

Thanks for that. Have a few days off and making good progress on French, will try that to test!

Edited by maabaa
Shortened the quote for relevance.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.