SpaceX Discussion Thread

Skylon

Is it just the lighting, or do those grid fins look different? Elon said they were swapping them out for titanium.

Love seeing the cold gas thrusters from a distance; it's way more puffy than I would have imagined.

I think this is the first time they've maintained a feed of telemetry on the first stage. I love that; I am sure we are going to see a lot of new analysis for how the re-entry works.

Coming up on entry burn in a few moments. We are going to get to see the rocket tail-first during the entry burn...really really good image. Only 80 km up.

Oh wow. That is...magnificent.

Good god that is an amazing sight. Landing burn started!

Edited by sevenperforce

3 minutes ago, sevenperforce said:

Love seeing the cold gas thrusters from a distance; it's way more puffy than I would have imagined.

Yeah, same!

Also, LANDING!!!!!!!!!!!

It's really weird: I'm an American but because I play KSP so much I prefer when they do the metric sidebar.

5 minutes ago, Ultimate Steve said:

Yeah, same!

Also, LANDING!!!!!!!!!!!

It's really weird: I'm an American but because I play KSP so much I prefer when they do the metric sidebar.

You're not alone there; the Imperial system sucks. Anyone in hard science feels the same way.

I tuned in a few moments after liftoff; now to go back and watch that.

Just now, Ultimate Steve said:

Yeah, same!

Also, LANDING!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, I loved the m/s speed indicator. I knew exactly how fast the rocket was going!

All we need now is a navball. :wink: