SpaceX Discussion Thread

Skylon

Was a landing burn ever announced? As far as I remember there was video of a boostback burn, announcement of an entry burn, some jabber right around S2 cutoff that was drowned out by the announcer, and a splashdown confirmation.

Edited by cubinator

5 hours ago, Nightfury said:

this looks awesome!

Seems that video and many more like it are "lighting up" the media too:

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-space-x-sky-20171222-story.html

Just Google "SpaceX Los Angeles" and click on the "News" tab.

And Musk is trolling the internet:

Edited by PakledHostage

3 hours ago, Brotoro said:

Really, the parts that interested me most were the stage one callouts in the background...which announcer boy studiously ignored.

Brotoro,

I don't think they ever had any intention of recovering stage 1 this time. That launch sure did wake up the neighbors in LA tho'... :D

-Slashy

Wow, i really thought Elon was drunk tweeting when he said he was going to send a Tesla to Mars.

He said in an interview that FH will explode, so what if he does this, something completely bogus, because he knows its not gonna work? Question Mark?

2 hours ago, NSEP said:

Wow, i really thought Elon was drunk tweeting when he said he was going to send a Tesla to Mars.

He said in an interview that FH will explode, so what if he does this, something completely bogus, because he knows its not gonna work? Question Mark?

I think he expects the FH will explode because of difficulties with so many engines , but they doing anything that this is not gonna happen.

You wouldn't launch a million dollar satellite if you don't Know if its work

46 minutes ago, Nightfury said:

I think he expects the FH will explode because of difficulties with so many engines , but they doing anything that this is not gonna happen.

You wouldn't launch a million dollar satellite if you don't Know if its work

How about a satellite that's worth like $49.99.

3 hours ago, NSEP said:

Well you know how that old saw goes. Red car in flight - space nerd's delight. Red Planet by morning - that's not boring.