SpaceX Discussion Thread

Skylon

1 minute ago, SuperFastJellyfish said:

Just click on the dot/star to the left of the thread title, and it'll bring you to the last post you've seen in that thread.  (If I'm understanding the problem correctly :P )

Ooh, I didn't know that! Thanks for the tip!

T-30(ish) minutes, right in the middle of my lunch break. w00t. :cool:

So, no booster recovery again. :( I’m guessing at this point there will be no more second-flight booster recoveries at all, to make room for Block 5. Anyone know when the second B5 launch is supposed to be?

ETA: this

giphy.gif

Edited by CatastrophicFailure

Just now, Delay said:

Since when does Kerbal Space Program have- Oh wait, you mean the other KSC, right?

I just made the same mistake when I re-read the post! Kerbals are manipulating us.

Here is a picture of the cell:

Bstj6rPh.jpg

6 minutes ago, sevenperforce said:

"Right now the first stage is performing an experimental landing maneuver."

In other words "We're having some fun, but won't show you"

I have not heard an S1 entry burn callout.

3 minutes ago, cubinator said:

I noticed that the first stage didn't turn away from the second stage right away like it usually does. I think they're trying to push how hot they can get it before it rapidly disassembles itself.

That's typical when there is no boostback burn.

Do they normally position a boat near the landing area if they're not planning on booster recovery?  They have to have a way to receive all the telemetry once the booster is over the horizon from KSC.  Is there a reason we haven't seen footage of the experimental landings?

Looks like they sorted out the cameras for this one. Could have sworn I saw Earth in the background there.

Snark aside, that's another successful launch (seventh of the year?) and another fistful of dollars into the BFR kitty. Not a bad way to end the day. :) 

Edit - ninja'd by @CatastrophicFailure. Launch cadence though - I recall that being another running joke about SpaceX. Until it wasn't.

Edited by KSK