SpaceX Discussion Thread

Skylon

5 hours ago, Wjolcz said:

Well, maybe they could try touching it down on water. I wouldn't risk damaging the barge if I was them, but then the stage is always aimed at the water in case the hoverslam fails.

You have to navigate it during decent and its known they can abort landing on pad and rater splash down. 
On an launch abort I guess stage would either disintegrate or at least be so damaged it could not land or its basically intact. 
Note that its an good chance it will face so much drag after separation you exceed the limits spacex has set, still just engine and avionic recovery is better than nothing. 

1 hour ago, kerbiloid said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I guess in case of aborted flight, if not the accident kills the patient, then autopsy will finish him.

Because they will probably study every piece to prevent the situation in future flights.

Ah so spaceX

Still, the biggest problem is the aerodunamic forces ripping the booster apart.

2 hours ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

Soooo...

we’ve got a launch coming up on the 22nd, supposedly. Anyone hear any rumblings of a static fire from the Cape yet? Getting mighty close...

2 hours ago, Xd the great said:

No, its the famous trampoline that fairings land on. Nice lame joke though.

he means the one the Russians were talking about.

https://gizmodo.com/russia-to-nasa-try-jumping-to-iss-on-a-trampoline-1570387515

" After analyzing the sanctions against our kosmoproma, I suggest that the United States deliver its astronauts to the ISS using a trampoline "

Edited by Rakaydos