SpaceX Discussion Thread

Skylon

Gah! I will be at work, of course :( And WiFi quality at my workplace is terrible, so even my phone can't help. And knowing my luck, something interesting and\or impressive will happen :P Launches i watch live invariably are boringly normal and tend to diasappear in a heavy cloud cover quickly.

Third scrub today, along with NS and Soyuz. Must be a record or something.

But tomorrow there will be quite a launch rally:

1) Delta

2) Falcon 9

3) Soyuz

4) New Shepard

5) ISRO rocket 

(not in that order)

Edited by sh1pman

Is anyone else also really really irritated by the fact they obviously have 4 way symmetry on in the VAB to build the capsule but rotated it 45 degrees when they attached the trunk?!

it looks like 3 way symmetry! 

Also so is it me or is that trunk a seriously off white colour? 

Edited by Jaff

1 hour ago, Jaff said:

Is anyone else also really really irritated by the fact they obviously have 4 way symmetry on in the VAB to build the capsule but rotated it 45 degrees when they attached the trunk?!

I think that’s so they don’t burn the fins off with the SuperDracos in a low-altitude abort... which would be a really, really bad time to have your fins burnt off.  <_<

1 hour ago, DAL59 said:

Is there a graph of predicted launch date vs current date?  I'm pretty sure it would be a 45 degree line.

They’re integrating flight hardware. I think January seems quite reasonable, the bureaucracy is the big unknown at this point. 

2 hours ago, Jaff said:

it looks like 3 way symmetry! 

Trunk has 4-way symmetry, capsule has 3-way. Looks pretty well lined up to me. See, the hatch goes perfectly over the nearest fin.