SpaceX Discussion Thread

Skylon

1 hour ago, StrandedonEarth said:

Dang it, I can only give that one like. One of my favourite songs 

I can still hear every single note in my head from playing it on repeat until the disc wore out. :sticktongue:

[thousand yard stare]

That was a long time ago... before the dark times... before the short hair...

1 hour ago, zolotiyeruki said:

Wow, the bell on the 2nd stage Merlin is a whole lot longer than it looks like from the onboard cameras!

For some reason, it is really hard to fully appreciate the size of everything on this beast. :o

Interesting tidbits in this article, RE: Falcon Heavy. ArabSat-6A is manifested for March, but we knew that, STP-2 is set to follow “back to back” in April, and they will be re-using the same set of booster cores. No mention of the center core, maybe they want to actually get it back first.  These flights look like they’ll fit right in between Demo-1 in January and Demo-2 in June, all from the same pad. 

2 hours ago, RealKerbal3x said:

AGAIN?

I probably won't be watching the webcast anyway. SpaceX launch without booster landing = meh.

Yeah, the launch itself is generally unexceptional (I suppose that’s a good thing). It’s only the landings that make it worthwhile.

1 hour ago, tater said:

The weather forecast was crappy (80% chance of a weather violation), so I assumed it would scrub today.

Guys, guys, guys!

One of my relatives and I drove a lot during the last days, thousands of km, and ended in Alabama today. The weather was awful and stressful, but look at what we found at one of the weight station!!!

ZF3oziKg.jpg

7R5AxkP.jpg

ccvahqj.jpg

The location was a weigh station on the East bound interstate 10, about 5.3 km from the Alabama/Florida border. It was probably waiting for better weather conditions before driving back.

Congrats! I've only seen a wrapped F9 once, at the CCAFS, but we were told specifically not to take pictures.

Looks like someone else already posted pics of the same booster at the same location on reddit:

https://old.reddit.com/r/spacex/comments/a7yol8/friend_of_minej_murrah_just_posted_this_photo_on/

Our spies are everywhere...

6 hours ago, XB-70A said:

Guys, guys, guys!

One of my relatives and I drove a lot during the last days, thousands of km, and ended in Alabama today. The weather was awful and stressful, but look at what we found at one of the weight station!!!

7R5AxkP.jpg

The location was a weigh station on the East bound interstate 10, about 5.3 km from the Alabama/Florida border. It was probably waiting for better weather conditions before driving back.

We need a new sign. This one’s not cool anymore:

Spoiler

01AQXW03?imageId=15950299&imageCode=01AQ

Edited by DDE

2 hours ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

[string of expletives]

Finally on a weekend, and here I am, still with no power, no cable, and only the barest trickle of data when the cell tower deities smile in my general direction.

Theoguhput so low I can’t even use smileys. 

I will do my best to watch it. That should ensure launch will be boring, textbook and as unexciting as rocket climbing to space can be :D This way you won't lose much, especially considering there will be no landing.