SpaceX Discussion Thread

Skylon

19 hours ago, NSEP said:

If you look closely you can see the top part didn't really fit well into its place and there is a big hole. This photo was taken when they first mounted the top, so they might have fixed it. But im not sure.

1561234.jpg

Also, from a certain angle, it looks a bit crooked, although it might be an optical illusion. (This is a much more recent pic, taken on June 11th)

1564303.jpg

I don't think its a massive concern, its just the nosecone, and they could probably repair it or make an entirely new one using the construction techniques of the Florida team.

It might be an intentional flattened shark nose rather than a pure ogival form.

4 hours ago, Geonovast said:

Do they even have the in-flight abort test scheduled yet?

They are still investigating with the explosion! But the astronauts said they are willing to still fly and they are still a little bit ahead of boeing... somehow?

2 hours ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

Then it would for sure never come back... -_-

I dunno, the island is just on the corner but that droneship is placed right inside the infamous triangle. They must be testing their reliability against the gods themselves! :sticktongue:

6 hours ago, Scotius said:

Maybe Roomba Heavy is ready for heavy-duty sea testing? :D

Please let it be three Roombas strapped together >_<

5 hours ago, cubinator said:

I dunno, the island is just on the corner but that droneship is placed right inside the infamous triangle. They must be testing their reliability against the gods themselves! :sticktongue:

Science actually figured out what was going on in the triangle, you know. The way the coastlines are arranged, wave action would regularly have a nasty resonance, and make a wave three times the size of the regular swell. A ship that can handle a 10'swell doesn't do as great in a 30' swell, especially if they never saw it coming.

4 hours ago, Rakaydos said:

Science actually figured out what was going on in the triangle, you know. The way the coastlines are arranged, wave action would regularly have a nasty resonance, and make a wave three times the size of the regular swell. A ship that can handle a 10'swell doesn't do as great in a 30' swell, especially if they never saw it coming.

So actually a quite relevant factor for a boat with a rocket on it. I wonder what the period of the drone ship plus rocket is.

7 hours ago, Rakaydos said:

Sorry, but I am going to be incredibly skeptical about this claim, particularly since there is no evidence whatsoever that anything out of the ordinary happens in the area anyway.

5 minutes ago, mikegarrison said:

Sorry, but I am going to be incredibly skeptical about this claim, particularly since there is no evidence whatsoever that anything out of the ordinary happens in the area anyway.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rogue_wave

Looks like none of the confirmed events were in the triangle, but it is a plausible explanation for "supernatural" missing ships.