SpaceX Discussion Thread

Skylon

1 minute ago, Shpaget said:

That reentry burn IR view made me wince. That sudden exhaust plume made me thing there was a RUD.

Well, center core gave a boom of the day, I suppose. It looked like it missed the barge.

Well... at least it looked like it was going alot slower than the first one... :unsure:

Curious to hear the after-action on what went wrong.

Spoiler

I'm guessing it started to late and crashed. Everyday Astronaut thinks otherwise with a 90 degree flip and going in fast

Just now, CatastrophicFailure said:

Yup, that went sideways, alright. In more ways than one. :wacko:

I don't usually comment on things like this especially on a game website at midnight but I think when everyone discriminated ULA the made reason they thought F9 landings would fail was because the Vulcan has a near no failure chance of recovering the engines. They said propulsive landing took fuel and risk. You have to risk the first stage and you don't even know it will work. I still am a spaceX fanboy for evar but this is something I would continue working on if they are going to use this to refuel human spaceships to mars. It's a risk to space and it will always be!

image-15.png?w=768

Antares 2.0! Falcorn Heavy tipping tower falls down

I still love the post so what do you think what went wrong reply

You learn more from your failures. At least this was a non-mission-critical failure.

The side cores did look very much like a RUD. I think it was the infra-red camera getting super-saturated by the exhaust gases, causing the landing burn to look more spectacular than usual!