SpaceX Discussion Thread

Skylon

52 minutes ago, ZooNamedGames said:

Welcome to the diversion and off topic discussion I get on my thread :P

MOOOOOODS!

42 minutes ago, tater said:

you yourself tend to introduce anti-SpaceX comments that cause some of the digressions.

This is true.

1 hour ago, tater said:

Shuttle never flew without crew. What it might have done is irrelevant.

I read the 1 line you quoted, @ZooNamedGames, had nothing to do with Artemis-1.

So these must be the parts where the legs join the main ship, right?

7 minutes ago, Wjolcz said:

MOOOOOODS!

This is true.

So these must be the parts where the legs join the main ship, right?

If you look at NSF where the (huge) full-size images are posted, they seem to be 2 different types of parts. The one on the right might well be a canard part, the left loos very flaperon-like.

Spoiler
6 hours ago, sh1pman said:

Where do y’all think it’s heading rn? Florida or Texas?

Of course, to Florida.
Florida is sea, beaches, and clubs, while Texas is a desert, cacti, and cowboys. What could a ship forget in Texas?
If I was this ship, I would be heading to Florida.

Maybe "Of Course I Still Love YOU" is scheduled for maintenance?

I wonder: How much Falcon Heavy could get into space if both boosters would go for barge landing instead of RTLS, with core expendable? Maybe SpaceX is hoping for a big, fat payload in the near future? :)

55 minutes ago, Scotius said:

I wonder: How much Falcon Heavy could get into space if both boosters would go for barge landing instead of RTLS, with core expendable? Maybe SpaceX is hoping for a big, fat payload in the near future? :)

I'd say Texas even though Starship can probably barely fit on the barge. The skydiving is much safer done over water than over land with populated areas and hardware. If it was up to me I'd rather risk a test article being destroyed during one of these tests than people dying because something went wrong and one of the flaps got stuck.

Besides, aren't they building another barge? Would make for a useful spare if one of the existing ones were destroyed.

Edited by Wjolcz

1 hour ago, Scotius said:

Well, not like they’ve been having the greatest luck recovering the core stages anyway... :/

8 hours ago, sh1pman said:

Ok. Let’s discuss one of SpaceX ships. A droneship, to be precise.

Where do y’all think it’s heading rn? Florida or Texas?

So I just noticed this... what’s up with the deck? Why’s it cocked up at that weird angle? Did they have to somehow reduce it to make the canal transit?

16 hours ago, tater said:

If you look at NSF where the (huge) full-size images are posted, they seem to be 2 different types of parts. The one on the right might well be a canard part, the left loos very flaperon-like.

Definitely looks like a full-size flaperon.

I really wonder what kind of hydraulics they're going to be using.

46 minutes ago, Scotius said:

"If you successfuly launch Starship before 2022, you will get first dibs on Mars real estate in our first colony. Deal of the century, you guys!" :lol:

Realistically, the first actual colonists will have pretty much the entire planet for themselves.

9 minutes ago, Ultimate Steve said:

It could be another starship or something else (maybe they need an actual water tower or have a bunch of rejects, however unlikely) but I would bet on that being the beginnings of super heavy.

superheavy is the obvious one

I wouldn't be surprised if it was another month or two before we know when the Starship is scheduled to hop. That being said, I will be very happy if it successfully hops before the end of this year.

1 minute ago, mikegarrison said:

I'm just pointing out that this news story does not promise to say how they WILL move it, just how they COULD move it. We've already seen people speculate how they could move it....

The electric company has apparently been working on the lines (moving them) along the likely route according to other tweets.

After commercials, next:

https://www.clickorlando.com/live/news-6-watch-live-now

They got docs about road closures, and specifics of moving it Eastbound in westbound lanes, along with total road closures. It will then go to a barge on the Indian River, and they have asked to be able to move it next month.