SpaceX Discussion Thread

Skylon

2 hours ago, magnemoe said:

And yes Elon, for reference and to not confuse none KSP players. 
ECW2GF3UIAAUyvw.png
This is an starship.
220px-BFR_in_flight_(cropped).png

This is an very capable fully reusable orbital rocket, who can be used in the inner solar system with orbital refueling

What is this?

starship-photo.jpg

Or this?

Jefferson_Starship_photo_1976_(names_cro

2 minutes ago, Ultimate Steve said:

To be fair, they didn't have the tent when they built it I think. The next one will probably be built in there, and I would imagine that the heat shield will be put on in there.

I think the latter is likely the point, they can have safe platforms inside than just having people on cranes and cherry pickers. They also have to apply whatever wings/fins it gets.

You folks aren’t thinking big enough. SpaceX have gone back to a traditional white painted rocket (although the shape is a bit innovative), which is now having its first engine installed prior to the hop test.

2 minutes ago, KSK said:

You folks aren’t thinking big enough. SpaceX have gone back to a traditional white painted rocket (although the shape is a bit innovative), which is now having its first engine installed prior to the hop test.

I though it was supposed to be silvery shiny..?

3 minutes ago, sh1pman said:

They promised a 200m hop, but are going to do only a 150m one. See, it’s typical SpaceX - so much promise, so little delivery! 

And it's literally DAYS after they promised it, too.

15 minutes ago, sh1pman said:

They promised a 200m hop, but are going to do only a 150m one. See, it’s typical SpaceX - so much promise, so little delivery! 

I’m guessing that that’s all the FAA would authorize - but I’m also guessing your comment was tongue-in-cheek

6 minutes ago, StrandedonEarth said:

I’m guessing that that’s all the FAA would authorize - but I’m also guessing your comment was tongue-in-cheek

I was alluding to the kind of SpaceX criticism by some other forum users on a certain neighboring thread.