SpaceX Discussion Thread

Skylon

8 hours ago, Wjolcz said:

I just rewatched the P2P BFR video and the city there has an image of evil clown on it. I never noticed.

what actual.... ffffff.... WHY? OK, scary freaky creepy stuff on SpaceX? They gone right out my good books. Confirmed evil mastermind about to kill everyone!

10 hours ago, Wjolcz said:

I just rewatched the P2P BFR video and the city there has an image of evil clown on it. I never noticed.

See, what you did...

1 hour ago, Technical Ben said:

what actual.... ffffff.... WHY? OK, scary freaky creepy stuff on SpaceX? They gone right out my good books. Confirmed evil mastermind about to kill everyone!

It's ok, It's It from It-2.

A couple other things slipped in Boca Chica too, it seems. First the concrete tube thing fell and more recently one of the steel rolls under a tent. Hopefully no one is hurt and it doesn't slow down Starship's development too much.

Edited by Wjolcz

1 hour ago, Wjolcz said:

A couple other things slipped in Boca Chica too, it seems. First the concrete tube thing fell and more recently one of the steel rolls under a tent. Hopefully no one is hurt and it doesn't slow down Starship's development too much.

Wait, what? Where have you heard this?

1 hour ago, Treveli said:

Just think of these as pressure releases for bad karma. A few small accidents instead of one big one, like a crane falling over or Dragon exploding during the IFA.

Or an engineer selecting the wrong “control from here” point and borking your insertion burn... <_<

Spoiler

2 hours ago, Xd the great said:

They are doing collision tests.

Do the visible Falcon and Starship shapes match their colliders figure?

Maybe they forgot that the visible hull is 24-angle, while colliders are probably 16-angle?

Edited by kerbiloid

35 minutes ago, Technical Ben said:

I got the reference too... wait, there's a second season? Or are you from the world that has 2 seasons. XD

I guess there is only one but a long one. So I probably saw the first half of the season. It was a long time ago.

32 minutes ago, Wjolcz said:

So they are obviously(?) making the second nose cone section, but why are the windows square? The last time someone put square windows on a pressurised vessel it didn't end well.

de-Havilland-Comet-1-showing-square-wind

its not windows, my guess is that its just an cutting test. Perhaps an test to see how holes impact the strength of material. 

Spoiler

These holes are on purpose.

How should they breath in the space, when the oxygen inside is over?
So, they made several shutters/flies in the wall.

They are squared because it's easier to make a squared hinged cap that a round one.
There should be also a latch, to keep the cap closed when it's not needed.