SpaceX Discussion Thread

Skylon

16 minutes ago, Xd the great said:

Then why are they wasting resources on recovering it? Reduce marine pollution? Or for engineering studies?

Reveal hidden contents

Or for showing off to investors? Or for selling on Amazon eBay?

Probably to study it.

3 hours ago, Flavio hc16 said:

at 41.56 secs you can heal Elon musk mumble " if you played kerb.....ehm a lot of space game it's helpful" when he was asked " have you tried the crew dragon simulator and the docking procedures?" lolled so hard:cool::D

OH WOW YOU'RE RIGHT I didn't notice him almost directly mentioning KSP the first time! That's awesome!

I still really want to see video of Elon playing KSP sometime.  Just pair up with some YouTuber and talk about SpaceX while Elon builds a a Starship replica in the background.

15 minutes ago, ThatGuyWithALongUsername said:

I still really want to see video of Elon playing KSP sometime.  Just pair up with some YouTuber and talk about SpaceX while Elon builds a a Starship replica in the background.

You can watch some live-streams of Elon playing KSP Right here:

He just plays a more expensive version than most of us...

2 hours ago, Geonovast said:

Too bad they didn't have it up earlier, would have been really neat to see two F9s raised at the same time.

Edit: Maybe they only have one transporter erector in Florida?

Each launch pad has its own TEL, can’t really move them between without a ridiculous amount of work. Staff to operate those TELs and other systems tho...

Also, great video from Scott Manley here. Apparently the second stage really did survive the breakup, hit the water around Mach 1, and there are pictures of the shockwave. :o

...they shoulda put a chute on it... <_<

5 hours ago, Terwin said:

You can watch some live-streams of Elon playing KSP Right here:

He just plays a more expensive version than most of us...

I have heard that Elon's version does not yet have even operational F5/F9. I think he would pay nice amount of money for that function.

1 hour ago, StrandedonEarth said:

Nah, he likes playing hardcore w/ permadeath

With his pace of innovation, he’s probably going to unlock the entire tech tree before even landing on the Moon. He’s researched Very Heavy Rocketry already. Took a strategy to convert money into science, no doubt. 

Edited by sh1pman