SpaceX Discussion Thread

Skylon

1 hour ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

Dude, that was yesterday. Today’s test is still on.

...right? :confused:

It was tweeted 8h ago at the end of Saturday's test window. Sunday's test window is still on. Can be a bit confusing for those of us who are ahead of US time I guess!

My repost was probably a little tardy.

Spoiler

Looking at these steel bands rolled in rings, stacked and welded together, I can believe if they are found by the side of the road. Each of another width or facing another side.

Though, maybe they are from the Tesla scrapyard.

Looking at the LabPadre stream, it seems like there's a storm over at Boca Chica. I can see occasional lightning flashes.

I hope everyone (and SN4) is safe. I doubt it will cause any harm or damage, but SN4 is essentially a giant steel lightning rod :/

Edit: It seems like the storm began to calm down just as I posted this. Also, this is what happens to me when we have a lack of immediate news - I start posting about how it's raining in Boca Chica :P

Edited by RealKerbal3x

High chance of Starlink scrub on Monday. F9 can't land in a tropical storm and SpaceX fleet are seeking cover. SpaceX aren't going to intentionally dispose of their flight leader whilst rigged with landing legs and grid fins for an internal mission nobody's paying them for.

2 minutes ago, RealKerbal3x said:

If the static fire does happen today, then the 150m hop will hopefully happen within a few days :D

Speaking of static fires, I wonder if this one will be another 2 or 3 second burn, or a longer-duration static fire.

I don't think the pad can endure a longer burn. They'll need to build something studier for testing superheavy!

Edited by RCgothic

Just now, RCgothic said:

I don't think the pad can endure a longer burn. They'll need to build something studier for testing superheavy!

I feel like they're going to have to build a LC-39 sized concrete pad with a gargantuan flame trench sooner or later.