SpaceX Discussion Thread

Skylon

33 minutes ago, sevenperforce said:

I kinda love Tim but at the same time he never gets Elon to say anything useful.

I feel like that's true most of the time, but not always. For example, I think Tim did a good job in this interview in getting Elon to talk about Methalox vs Kerolox and why SpaceX declined to use an aerospike engine (related to combustion efficiency in aerospikes vs bell-nozzles).

Those space suits could easily pass as props for everyday wear in a SciFi tv series. They look much more flexible and easy to move around in than the thing used in Shuttle launches, for example.

Edited by Shpaget

33 minutes ago, Gargamel said:

That said, I am watching Tim's stream, who else is doing a good cast?

Biggest live stream of his channel's career, and he's absolutely dropped the ball.   Horrible planning and presentation. 

11 minutes ago, Shpaget said:

Those space suits could easily pass as props for everyday wear in a SciFi tv series. They look much more flexible and easy to move around in than the thing used in Shuttle launches, for example.

It look a lot like motorcycle clothing, helmet too, its also designed that way to absorb impacts. 
Booing uses an soft helmet, benefit of that is that its easy to stove, I don¨t think the SpaceX suit is that easy to stove again motorcycle clothing. 

What was the green van with stuff at the roof in the motorcade? 

3 minutes ago, Gargamel said:

Biggest live stream of his channel's career, and he's absolutely dropped the ball.   Horrible planning and presentation. 

I watched the Elon/JB interview, now SpaceX/NASA on.