SpaceX Discussion Thread

Skylon

40 minutes ago, Raven Industries said:

A bit of duct tape for those little holes and it'll be ready for launch. 

Looking at the debris, it’s actually kind of encouraging, maybe. Except for one spot that I see, which doesn’t look like part of the pressure vessel, the base metal failed without any apparent regard to the welds. It’s all ripped to shreds but the welds still held, and that’s a sign of a proper weld. 

Now if they could just fix the whole “GSE leaking fuel and now crap’s on fire yo” part. :unsure:

And simply because EXPLOSION! !:

oooooh... aaaahhhh...

Also, there goes their deposit... :P

Edited by CatastrophicFailure

2 hours ago, K^2 said:

"If it was methane, it would be igniting in the flare, correct?" - *FWOOSH*

Timing is everything.

The camera angle made it look like the cloud was at the flare when in reality it was far behind it.

Though not far enough to avoid being snuffed like a candle by the blast wave.

In other views you can actually see the supersonic shock wave from the fuel-air detonation:

7 hours ago, Jacke said:

I also think SpaceX is unlikely to tempt bad news right before a very important launch window.

I stand corrected.

Actually, I want to say more.  As far as things appear to me now, this isn't testing the vehicle, a new design, product of new assembly procedures, and the vehicle failed.  This is the test stand that failed.  The test stand itself should not fail.

Edited by Jacke

10 minutes ago, Jacke said:

I stand corrected.

Actually, I want to say more.  As far as things appear to me now, this isn't testing the vehicle, a new design, product of new assembly procedures, and the vehicle failed.  This is the test stand that failed.  The test stand itself should not fail.

Failed again, you could even say, after that fire a few days ago, both incidents apparently from pipes coming loose. :/

I'm not entirely sure where the correct place to put this is, but I recently created a "This Is SpaceX" video based off of the one they did in 2013 which you guys can watch here if interested. Sharing would also be appreciated as I have no other way of publicizing these kinds of videos other than word of mouth and whatever the youtube algorithm feels like doing.

Edited by Clockwork13