SpaceX Discussion Thread

Skylon

So, a few minutes ago, when they were talking about the ISS simulator, she said it took her multiple attempts and a lot of time to dock successfully.

I think she needs to play more KSP; I'm not the only to have that docking nailed first try in a few minutes!

Edited by Delay

5 minutes ago, Delay said:

So, a few minutes ago, when they were talking about the ISS simulator, she said it took her multiple attempts and a lot of time to dock successfully.

I think she needs to play more KSP; I'm not the only to have that docking nailed first try in a few minutes!

I think so too, any KSP expert will practically already know the control scheme.

6 minutes ago, YNM said:

Does anyone know whether this capsule is equipped with CBM (berthing) or with IDA ports (docking) ?

The capsule docks to IDA. It will dock to the forward port on the station.

3 minutes ago, cubinator said:

The capsule docks to IDA. It will dock to the forward port on the station.

Hmm, on the last launch attempt I kinda heard something about berthing, but maybe I was mistaken then. Hopefully they'll have a successful docking when the time comes too.

Just now, YNM said:

Hmm, on the last launch attempt I kinda heard something about berthing, but maybe I was mistaken then. Hopefully they'll have a successful docking when the time comes too.

They might have mentioned that the old cargo Dragon was berthed to the station by the robot arm, while the crew Dragon docks under its own power.

Spoiler

33 minutes ago, cubinator said:

They might have mentioned that the old cargo Dragon was berthed to the station by the robot arm, while the crew Dragon docks under its own power.

Yes, with their own arms. No robot.

Spoiler

MS812-3.gif

Edited by kerbiloid

The idea I guess is simply because it's a whole lot more legible - from far away you immediately can read "NASA", and yet it's more unique than just a font/typeface.

Edited by YNM

"Reasonable opportunity" for launch regarding weather. Again, they will check again before prop loading.

5 minutes ago, Canopus said:

„we want everybody to be able to fly into space“

i know they need to keep people excited for Spaceflight but come on.

Well, that is the goal, even if it takes a long time to get there.

7 minutes ago, cubinator said:

Well, that is the goal, even if it takes a long time to get there.

I‘d argue that this is not the goal of a National Space Agency unless specifically ordered. So its just Bridenstine talking.

Just now, Canopus said:

I‘d argue that this is not the goal of a National Space Agency unless specifically ordered. So its just Bridenstine talking.

I'd argue that that is the goal of almost anyone working on human spaceflight. But you're right, not an official directive.