SpaceX Discussion Thread

Skylon

7 minutes ago, Delay said:

I wonder if Elon installed KSP on those computers, just for fun.

That's an informational view for the astronauts.

You want to be anyone involved in installing unnecessary software if that come out in a investigation after a serious incident?  I don't think so.

Galaga now.... :)

Just now, Shpaget said:

Low blow.

Then again, low hanging fruit. XD

Not sorry in the slightest. Launching a crewed spaceship is not something you should cut corners on, do half-backside'y or skip debugging process. Ever.

Congratulations USA !

Spoiler

Thank you, the weather !

20201511921_GOES16-ABI-se-GEOCOLOR-1200x

Anyway, a few questions :

• Dragon trunk seems a bit... empty ? Do they have plans to stuff it a bit more, or to shorten the trunk or something ?
  • Is this the default rendezvous maneuver procedure, or is there a shorter or longer one ?
Edited by YNM

So cute!

2 minutes ago, YNM said:

Congratulations USA !

Reveal hidden contents

Thank you, the weather !

20201511921_GOES16-ABI-se-GEOCOLOR-1200x

Anyway, a few questions :

• Dragon trunk seems a bit... empty ? Do they have plans to stuff it a bit more, or to shorten the trunk or something ?
  • Is this the default rendezvous maneuver procedure, or is there a shorter or longer one ?

It's flying with basically zero cargo on this flight. It can take up to 6 tonnes additional to the 12 tonne capsule wet mass.

Awesome launch, excellent landing. Although they were showing an empty barge for so long after the ticker said it should have landed that I thought they lost the booster. Was happy to see it magically sitting there.

Spoiler

So we have the hosers Bob and Doug in space now. Apparently (according to a post somewhere my wife read) the Aviation Analyst covering the launch for CNN is named Miles O'Brien. Name seem familiar? Chief engineering Officer on NCC 1701-D! :cool:

4 minutes ago, Jacke said:

That's an informational view for the astronauts.

You want to be anyone involved in installing unnecessary software if that come out in a investigation after a serious incident?  I don't think so.

Galaga now.... :)

Looking for the twitter post of the pic of the touchscreens where KSP was in the middle one....

I took screenshots of today's launch from the NASA Livestream. 

kaiE3Rx.png

• T-minus 16 seconds until liftoff.
    • Pretty cool timer, isn't it?

xUJdGwD.png

Co8HrF8.png

• Stage 1 Separation confirmed.
    • If only we could get a shot like the one on the left in KSP (without the use of camera mods).

a6Aah1D.png

w0lLekg.png

Z5INNpz.png

• Bob and Doug now in a 200-km altitude orbit above Kerbin Earth, going at 27,000 km/hr (or 7,500 m/s)

ymWSsoX.png

• It will be about 19 hours before our two brave kerbalnauts astronauts dock with the ISS.

Imgur Album: https://imgur.com/gallery/ogAZTHL

Just watched the whole launch live with three of my kids. They got to watch crew lift off US soil and fly to orbit for the first time in their lives.

Today is a good day.

Go SpaceX, go Crew Dragon, go NASA, and most importantly go Doug and Bob!