SpaceX Discussion Thread

Skylon

23 minutes ago, mikegarrison said:

I think you misunderstood the question. I doubt the recovery team is 300 km away from the droneship.

Yes, true.

The Drone ship is normally at that distance from cost:

But normally its between 266km and 370km

for example is last 58 Starlink satellites and 3 Planet SkySats its was at 600km and the record is 970km with Falcon Heavy center core B1055 in April 2019.

The recovery crew team I don't know for sure, but I believe that I heard once 5km.

Edited by pmborg

32 minutes ago, Geonovast said:

Does anyone know how far away from the drone ship the recovery team is during landing?

OZIPqy1.png

That's Go Quest and JRTI. Without having counted the pixels, it looks like 6 km to me.

42 minutes ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

!!!!!!!!!!!!

Before the launch they shown videos from both Miss. (esses? How do you call pair of young ladies in this bizarro-schizo-language that is English? LOL). I hope crew filmed both fairings landing neatly in the nets - and we'll get to see it :D

5 minutes ago, Scotius said:

Before the launch they shown videos from both Miss. (esses? How do you call pair of young ladies in this bizarro-schizo-language that is English? LOL). I hope crew filmed both fairings landing neatly in the nets - and we'll get to see it :D

Not miss, but Ms. (rhymes with "fizz") which doesn't denote marital state. Seems line an ironic spin on the old tradition of giving boats feminine names.

Plural of Ms. is Mss. 

Edited by Nightside

Wow, that thing stuck the landing perfectly.  I wonder if SpaceX have been refining their algorithms for the hoverslam, or if things just turned out nicely.

Is it just me, or did the SpaceX logo on JRTI get painted over with a big black dot?

I wanna see video of the fairing catches!

5 hours ago, Elthy said:

Its extremly annoying to see this stuff only in videos. Its mostly still images, only people are moving a bit. Is there a summary with just pictures somewhere?

The photo thread at NSF has huge images in it.

6 hours ago, Elthy said:

Its extremly annoying to see this stuff only in videos. Its mostly still images, only people are moving a bit. Is there a summary with just pictures somewhere?

I agree. As someone who looks at most forums on my phone data (which is limited) it’s frustrating that video is the go to format for showing still pictures. All we need is a picture with a small write up underneath. I end up skipping most of the video content unless it’s important enough to remember when I get home

19 minutes ago, Ricktoberfest said:

I agree. As someone who looks at most forums on my phone data (which is limited) it’s frustrating that video is the go to format for showing still pictures. All we need is a picture with a small write up underneath. I end up skipping most of the video content unless it’s important enough to remember when I get home

7 hours ago, Elthy said:

https://forum.nasaspaceflight.com/index.php?topic=51332.0