SpaceX Discussion Thread

Skylon

1 hour ago, tater said:

Four there one has the straight bottom, then 3 tops. As in a lot. Now I guess some will be used as boilerplate for tile placement as they need another solution than standard hex tiles here. 
Wonder how they look inside as nose is not pressurized I assume they need some internal ribbing for strength? 

43 minutes ago, Gargamel said:

Watching the stream, the control panel shows the planet.   I saw that and my first reaction was... that's not Kerbin, it doesn't look like that. 

Play the stream with KSP music on shuffle in another tab for greater authenticity.

I went outside to wave this evening, Bob and Doug's capsule looking shiny from the ground! I wonder if they were still taking photos by that time...? I wish them good night and a safe return home tomorrow morning! :cool:

Edited by cubinator
afternoon, actually, but whatever

Godspeed Endeavour. 

Bob and Doug - we'll see you on the ground, yeah?

This armchair astronaut is keeping his fingers firmly crossed.

Edited by KSK

Dang, missed undocking. But re-entry will be the exciting part. Good luck Bob and Doug :D

Edit: Here's NSF's latest Boca Chica video.

One question I do have...does SN5 have thrusters at the top as well as the bottom? So far we've only seen thrusters at the bottom be tested, but wouldn't thrusters up top be beneficial, especially for the balancing act SN5 will have to perform during the 150m hop?

Edited by RealKerbal3x

While we're distracted by the return of the Dragon Riders, the road is closed in Boca Chica. We may see some kind of testing - perhaps a hop! :D

Edit: just as I post this, it seems that the road has reopened. Maybe we won't see anything today.

Edited by RealKerbal3x

Just now, RealKerbal3x said:

While we're distracted by the return of the Dragon Riders, the road is closed in Boca Chica. We may see some kind of testing - perhaps a hop! :D

it would be wild if when the dragon open the chutes ( so they are somewhat safe then, they will start with the hop

43 minutes ago, RealKerbal3x said:

Edit: just as I post this, it seems that the road has reopened. Maybe we won't see anything today.

I reckon everything there is in a holding pattern until Bob & Doug are safely back on the ground. Then Elon et al can shift their attention that direction.

Speaking of which...