SpaceX Discussion Thread

Skylon

23 hours ago, sh1pman said:

Some of the heat tiles are cracked. This norminal?

Spoiler

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=51332.0;

Spoiler

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=51332.0;

Wow. Those legs do not even look real.

I'm sure tile cracking is not norminal but that is why they are testing incrementally. The more tiles they crack now, the better.

Starship Superheavy seems to have got a fraction taller! 122m is the tallest estimate I've seen yet.

Edit: ah, it's 2m worth of legs:

40% of 34 is approx 14 missions over 5 years. 3 per year-ish.

Edited by RCgothic

SpaceX has officially begun concrete proof-of-concept planning for a settlement on Mars.

They're hiring a Resort Development Manager in Boca. :D
Totally analogous  Absolutely. Carries right over. Irate Martians will be nothing after dealing with a couple of Karens with broken ACs in their rooms...

16 minutes ago, Lukaszenko said:

Is it just me, or am I hearing less and less complaints about Starlink polluting the night sky as the constellation grows?

It could be the measures they've been putting in place to prevent light pollution. Every satellite on the most recent Starlink launch had anti-reflection sunshades on them.

2 hours ago, RealKerbal3x said:

MOAR cranes (and Starships):

Ahhh man. I was having such a good day until you craned on my parade.

I'll get my coat...

13 hours ago, RCgothic said:

:o

:o:o:o

Clever boy...

4 hours ago, Lukaszenko said:

Is it just me, or am I hearing less and less complaints about Starlink polluting the night sky as the constellation grows?

Peter Beck complained that they're messing with launch windows a few days ago.

9 hours ago, Lukaszenko said:

There’s been a sizable gap between launches, so Prolly more are reaching their final altitude (where they’re less visible) before new ones show up. Like someone said, there’s also changes to the design to darken them and SpaceX is actively working with professional astronomers to tweak the sat’s attitudes so there’s less reflection from the solar panel.

6 hours ago, Nightside said:

What’s 18 tons and needs to be in a polar orbit?

Well, they could tell you but then they’d have to, y’know... <_<

Question is, does that mean VIB/FH at Vandy or a Falcon Heavy polar dogleg launch? :o

Cuban cows already running for the hills...

1 hour ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

Im sure he’s not referring to prototype flights... right?

Probably not. But the goal of Starship is to be rapidly reusable, so I reckon they're going to try to accelerate test and launch cadence to eventually reach that goal when the full system is operational.

Speaking of testing, here's the first flight-proven Starship getting on its taxi back to the build site. In keeping with the flight-proven Falcon boosters I reckon we should now refer to it as SN5.1 :D

Meanwhile, SN7.1 is still in construction, the Super Heavy pad and high bay are progressing, and they may be building a wall at the build site (noooooooo! :o)

Edited by RealKerbal3x

No posts here in nearly 24 hours? Interesting.

Anyway, here's the new NSF video. The fact that the outdoor eating area now has chairs and tables is absolutely the most interesting insight from this. Welcome to a new era! :sticktongue:

Edited by RealKerbal3x
whitespace randomly appearing